NEW GROUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Hey, MFP-ers, would anyone be interested in a group that motivates each other - but the focus isn't all on weight. Just like being healthy in general. I want to run a 5K this summer, and I am in serious need of motivation, because I am NOT a runner-girl:laugh: And we could teach each other new exercises and tricks to eat better. You don't even need to share your starting weight. Just to have something to look at when you feel like giving up.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• genmilan
    genmilan Posts: 11
    Options
    Thats a good idea because I want to start running too! I've been struggling with my weight and I need motivation. If you have any ideas to help me stick to my program let me know, thanks! :smile:
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I currently walk..
    But want to start running so bad..
    Motivate me!!

:smokin:
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    ha didnt' know the smiley was smoking.. just thought the glasses looked cool.. i dont smoke btw. haha
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I've been wogging, which is a combo of walking and jogging intervals. Check out couch-2-5k if you arent a runner and wanna get into it. I like it so far and Im on week 5. Its challenging, but a good workout!!

I belong to a couple other groups here but would love to join ya :wink: Could use all the motivation I can get!!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Hey guys! Good to see that there's some people that are like me . . . trying to overcome challenges. I know that all the Biggest Loser groups are starting over, so a lot of people already joined something, but still, the more motivation, the better! I was going to officially start a plan tomorrow, but if that's too early for all of you . . .
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    this is the best site to use for starting out. It will take you from the couch to a 5k.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Sounds exciting! What are we gonna call our group?
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Hmm, I dunno. The Running Group? Nah, that sounds too blah:wink: Usually I'm good at these things . . . How about Healthy Hearts?

I'll keep thinking . . .
  • abuelita60
    abuelita60 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Its been a while since I last logged in, but I NEED to be accountable to someone. Sad to say, but it seems like this is what helps me. So.....if you'll have me, I'd like to be part of of your team.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    abuelita60 - sounds great! Would love to have you!:smile:
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this group! I have not ran in such a long time but would love to start. I need Motivation...
  • abuelita60
    Options
    I'm a walker too, I walk everyday after I drop off the kids at school. I walk four/five times a week. I'm trying to incorporate run/walk intervals but its getting so hot in the a.m.s and sometimes the heat gets the best of me. Any ideas?
  • abuelita60
    Options
    Thanks, looking forward to it!
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :smile: I've been slowly putting running into my exercise routine. I don't run for very long but it would be nice to be able to run longer than 10 mins without feeling like I'm going to die lol Motivation would be great
    :flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Count me in! :smile: I've been slowly putting running into my exercise routine. I don't run for very long but it would be nice to be able to run longer than 10 mins without feeling like I'm going to die lol Motivation would be great
    Woah, you can run for 10 minutes straight??!!:noway: :laugh: After running for only 2 minutes, I usually have to stop.:grumble:
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    lol...i run up the stairs and call it a day:frown: good job!:wink:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    About to head off, but before I do . . . anyone else interested in joining this awesome new motivation group?:happy:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    May I join please? I started doing run walk intervals last week (actually this is like the 5th time in a year) But I am going to stick to it this time. I haven't pushed myself like I should I just need a little kick in the behind.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Woah, you can run for 10 minutes straight??!!:noway: :laugh: After running for only 2 minutes, I usually have to stop.:grumble:

Im up to 5 minutes, but tomorrow I move up to the next level... havent looked yet to see how long the intervals are. Im scared I'll psych myself out. Figured Id just plug in the ipod and run until it tells me to stop. LOL what I dont know wont hurt me! I'll look AFTER Ive done it the whole way.. :laugh:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    i 'D LIKE TO JOIN.. I'VE BEEN WALK/JOGGING FOR THE LAST 2 MONTHS. I REALLY LIKE IT. I ALWAYS NEED MOTIVATION AND JUST NICE TO HAVE PEOPLE TO SHARE WITH. I'VE BEEN DOING THE 3MIN RUN AND 2 MIN WALK ROUTINE FOR 2 MILES, THEN WALK THE REST OF MY TIME. I TRY TO WORKOUT FOR 45-60MIN 5 DAYS A WEEK. I WOULD LIKE TO EVENTUALLY WORK UP TO REGULARLY RUNNING THE 10MIN. MILE. WITHOUT STOPPING. I CAN DO IT, BUT ITS HARD. I AM WORKING MY WAY UP JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I REALLY LOOK FOR WARD TO TALKING WITH YOU ALL. IT'S LATE TONIGHT SO I;LL CHECK IN TOMORROW.
    KIM