Motivation to Exercise in the AM

Options
Where do you find it? What works for you?

Mental preparation?!

Replies

• nutritionater
    nutritionater Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I download audio books from my library (free) onto my MP3 to keep my mind occupied. The key for me has been to use mystery stories and I'm not allowed to listen unless I'm exercising. As the story gets good, I am often motivated to take an extra walk when I'm really anxious to hear the next part! Good luck. I too am a morning excerciser and with these cold mornings have been having a hard time getting up and out. Hope this helps
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I lay out all my gear the night before so it will be there mocking me if I ignore my alarm. I also set 3 alarms. The first alarm I am usually confused as heck. Second alarm makes me swear. Third alarm gets me out of bed (and probably pisses my husband off).

When I was able to run I would also have the dog in my face as soon as that first alarm went off, begging me to get my butt up and get going.

I know that after my workout I will feel awesome, my day will be better, and I will have that "yeah, I just kicked some *kitten*" swagger :)
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    I dont know if this helps, but I find a morning workout kinda sets me up for the day! Gym followed by a quick shower before work means I'm more productive than days I dont go to the gym!