Wii for Exercise?

Options
Does anyone use a Wii for exercise?

So I am embarrassed to go to the gym to do anything other than run on the treadmill or take a spin class. Also I get bored very easily which results in me quitting!

I would prefer to just work out in the privacy of my own home! Sooo...I picked up that Zumba 2 game and found it very helpful for me.

I know what you are thinking a game won't get you in shape...right! Well their were changes made to this new version and it is so much more REAL! We shall see how it works out!

I tell you what it is better than going to the gym bumping into people because the zumba classes are always packed!!!

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i think more than half the women on here use a wii for exercise
    and i still don't understand why people are embarrased of going to the gym
    the gym is the best investment you can make on your body after food
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love the dancing games, they really make me work up a sweat :)
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    the biggest loser game is good... I preffer to do workouts at home because I'm so busy with work and my daughters. Also I use my stairs to do steps routines and I also made a playlist in youtube for zumba. There is a lot of videos of zumba routines and you can put together all your favorite songs :-) you don't have to go to a Gym is you don't feel confortable with it!
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I do Wii and I go outside to run, I live in the country and not to many people see me. But doing Zumba on WII I burn less calories than if I do a video of it. So when I want to really want to burn calories I pop in a DVD.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just wondering...I've been thinking about buying a Zumba game for the Wii but didn't know if I had to have the balance board or Wii Motion Plus? I have the older, shorter Wiimotes and the nunchuk but that's it.

What's the equipment list?
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The Zumba Fitness 2 game is AMAZING! I worked up such a sweat, and burned at least 560 calories for one full length course. I really enjoyed it. I couldve burned more if i did all high intensity songs as well! You don't need the Wii Fit for that game, and i'm not sure that you need the newer remotes as well because all the remote does is stay inside of the belt...but don't quote me on that. I definitely think that this game is a great investment!
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    So glad you ladies posted on this -- i"ve been contemplating the wii game or the DVDs...I think I'll treat myself to both!!!
  • NIKKIDDS2015
    NIKKIDDS2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i have the biggest loser challenge game for the wii, and i just ordered just dance 3 but i love the Biggest loser game i like jillian yelling at me, lol "do you wanna be skinny or NOT" lol :) although i feel more accomplished when she doesn't yell at me :)
    and heck yeah i am embarrassed about going to the gym, sorry, especially when i first started exercising, i could barely do 10-20 minutes...there were still people changing clothes in the time it took me to work out. and seriously i know none of those people could careless what i'm doing and they are focused on their own thing, but thats just me...maybe when i can do a full hour workout with out dieing i may consider a membership again.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The Zumba Fitness 2 game is AMAZING! I worked up such a sweat, and burned at least 560 calories for one full length course. I really enjoyed it. I couldve burned more if i did all high intensity songs as well! You don't need the Wii Fit for that game, and i'm not sure that you need the newer remotes as well because all the remote does is stay inside of the belt...but don't quote me on that. I definitely think that this game is a great investment!

Thanks!! I'm definitely going to treat myself to this when I reach my next goal!