What if you go over your protein level?

bagaydina
bagaydina Posts: 46
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I need help b/c I am new. I went over my protein allowance for today. Does this mean that i am not doing it the right way or there is a certain amount that i can go over. Mine was -11.
Can anyone help?

Replies

• usually I try to stay within all of my dietary limits, but I really don't sweat it if I go over, especially since protein helps build muscle. the only things I really focus on and try really hard not to go over is sugar and calories and fat in general. Good luck!:tongue:

192119.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bagaydina
    Thank you that was helpful, something to think about. Defenetely going to work on it and i think you right about sugar and fat more important not to go over.
    Do you exercise every day?
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    11g more than what MFP recommends is nothing to get excited about. Quite a few women here go for around 30% protein because of their various exercise regimens.
  • bagaydina
    Thanks, I just feel like the chicken or meat keeps me going for the day more than bread cereal and crackers
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Thanks, I just feel like the chicken or meat keeps me going for the day more than bread cereal and crackers

Hi, and welcome.
    Don't worry about going over alittle bit on your protein. MFP tends to go alittle too low with their allowance.
    I've pretty much been over almost every single day, and I STILL managed to lose most of the weight that I wanted to!!! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.