Help!

Options
I had never really struggled with weight problems before and about a two years ago I slowly started gaining weight. Because it was so gradual at first I didn't think anything of it, now...it is a definite problem! And the weight gain seems to happen overnight! So this being the first time in my life that I am really trying to lose weight I know I am going to need some motivation to keep going when I don't see instant results! Anyone who is willing to help me through this please add me and we can support each other! :)
Amanda

Replies

• elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Same boat. For years my mom has been hounding me to lose weight and now that she's losing so much, I can't let her pass me up. I'm turning 30 this year and have decided I want to look and feel better in my 30s than I ever have.

I'll add you now!
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've struggled since highschool...no fun! I'll add you as a friend for extra support!
    Jen
  • garybuckles1967
    Options
    I hear ya! I'll help any way I can!

Gary
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Same boat. For years my mom has been hounding me to lose weight and now that she's losing so much, I can't let her pass me up. I'm turning 30 this year and have decided I want to look and feel better in my 30s than I ever have.

I'll add you now!

I am with you ill be 29 this year but i want to feel more like 21 again.. haha
  • amanda9rae
    Options
    Hey!

My name is Amanda as well, and I'm feeling the same way! I need motivation! I want to be at my ideal weight by summer. Staying healthy and losing weight is such a slow process, and I need a bit of encouragement. Let's be friends! :)
  • ghami55
    ghami55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 2 yrs ago and at the same time got laid off from my job....so while job searching and a bad winter to boot....I gained about 30 pounds I believe in the last 2 1/2 yrs....
    Now, doctor said it is time to get some of this off.
    So, I am right with you gals.
    I think this Fitness Pal might help me to keep on track...
    Who would think....5 little saltine crackers would be 60 cals...ugh...
  • Angie150
    Options
    I have always been heavy but the stress of last year got to me and I piled on the pounds. I'm ready to make the change!!!
  • annelemon
    Options
    thinking of you and your struggle! Its a minute by minute battle for me, obsessed by thoughts of food, got to goal weight 5 months ago and the holidays killed me gained 10 pounds! We are stronger than our food cravings! We will lose the weight and get control of ourselves, heres to a healthy and happy 2012!!!