Seriously, LADIES only. (Girl stuff)

Options
Do you weigh in when you have AF?

I have been at this for a couple of months, but wanted to weigh in for the new year just b/c it was a "fresh start". But b/t fearing I gained over Christmas, and then the arrival of my friend, I felt too bloated and gross to think about getting on a scale.

Replies

• jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I do but I don't always record the weight here. I know I gain 2-3lbs of water at the start of my period and get rid of it soon after the bleeding actually stops so I weigh in just to make sure there isn't a huge jump! It's also really nice to see the loss of 2-3 extra pounds, especially if you stick with the diet through the week (having MFP tell me I've lost 4lbs since my last weigh in is always nice!!)
  • Jocelyn0415
    Jocelyn0415 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I never weigh during AF. I gain 2-3 lbs. of bloat/water weight and it pisses me off the look at the scale, so I just don't weigh myself until a day or do after AF is gone.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I weigh in almost every day, including during TOM. Sometimes I can see that I'm obviously carrying water weight, sometimes it seems it's not affecting me at all. I find it interesting. I just don't stress up if my weight goes up a lb or 2, I know it's not fat b/c I know I'm not overeating.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I dont really notiec a weight difference for myself when its AF time. Plus I also firmly believe in the regiment... weigh in every week once a week. No matter what!
  • ktbug0245
    ktbug0245 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do. But tell myself that it's normal to not lose or maybe even have a gain when AF is due. I still like to know where I'm at.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    yup i do, i dont really tend to weight gain during af- unless i over eat of course!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yep, I like to see and record how my weight fluctuates.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I think it's much better only to weigh in every month. You could make it so that you weigh in the day after bleeding ends, for example, to make sure that you're weighing at the same point in each cycle. Luckily it never really makes all that much of a difference to me, a pound at the moment, so it doesn't matter whether I'm on or not.
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    I know what you're referring to....but what the heck does AF stand for?
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I gain and loose up to 5 lbs during my cycle so I don't weigh in until after! I don't want to see that!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options

^^^ This
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

^^^ This

I think it's Aunt Flo...
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

^This...?
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    OH! *giggles*

Aunt Flow....sheesh i havent heard that since I was a 13 year old haha
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

^^^ This

I think it's Aunt Flo...

Oh, wow...what's with all the modesty? :laugh:

When I have my monthly menstruation I fluctuate a lot, but it's part of life, so I weigh.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    lol OOH! haha I was wondering what AF was too. It thought everyone referred to it as TOM for Time Of the Month. I don't bother weighing in; why stress over it? I just keep the best I can at a healthy diet, exercise when I'm not feeling to terrible and weigh in/ get back to normal after it's done.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I may weigh in but I don't record because I'm ALWAYS up at least 3 lbs. I weigh in only because I'm working on the psychological effects of the scale in my life and need to see the higher number so I can personally work on the "it's a monthly thing, only water weight, etc" so that the scale is not the enemy.

But I take the week off from logging it in!!!
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Yep, once a week no matter what.
  • Jocelyn0415
    Jocelyn0415 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    AF is a The Bump/Nest/Knot term. :)
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    AF is a The Bump/Nest/Knot term. :)

Now you've just raised more questions.... like what is the bump/nest/knot??? LOL