Just startin out

Options
Hello everyone, My name is Larry and am very anxious to get this weight off once and for all. It has been a long road to where I am now. And I know it will be a longer one to get to where I wish to be.

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Larry, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi there, i wish you well.

Pamela :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Larry61
    Larry61 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello ladies, Thank you for the welcome. I could sure use some motivation and support. It always helps when others are there to help. Hope to here from you all again. Thanks, Larry

81168.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi Larry!!

Welcome and good luck! I wish you well on this journey and I read on your profile page about your son! My condolences!!!

Let me know if I can help!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • frannylynn
    frannylynn Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Larry. I too am just starting out after starting to use this site to just monitor my calories and water for the day. Now I'm trying to add exercising and toning to lose weight and tone myself up. The only thing I am having troule with is tring to add the P90 X work outs to my exercise diary, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Larry! You picked a great site! I wish you the best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Larry61
    Larry61 Posts: 19
    Options
    Tami, Thank you for your condolences of our son. And I must say 135lbs. lost, WOW. that is a great accomplishment.

frannylynn, Thank you for your welcome. I to use the P90X workouts, but have not figured out how to post them here. So if you do find out how to post or if there is anybody oput there that can do this we need your help.

Kidvicious28, Thank you, been using the site for awhile to posts meals. Now starting to log in and see if I can meet some new people going through the same thing I am.

Have a great day all, Larry
  • capetazj45
    capetazj45 Posts: 3
    Options
    :smile: Hi,
    I just discovered this site, and am very happy, I have begun a new journey of weight loss and once and for all will get it off and keep it off. I will look forward to reading all the information that comes from this
    site.