help with late dinners

Options
I work as nurse assistant and I don't get my meal period until almost 9:30 or 10 pm and off of work at 11pm. I'm always on my feet working fast pace and not much of a break period. What are some ideas to what to eat so late when I don't get to eat my usual dinner at 530pm. I'm trying to lose weight and I don't want to skip dinner or meals. I need ideas on what to take for snacks or a small meal.

Replies

• allisami
    allisami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    protein bars? granola bars? Special k shakes?
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Unless, I'm misunderstanding the question....It doesn't matter what time you eat as long as it fits within your daily calorie and macro nutrient goals. :)
  • runner_girl77
    runner_girl77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would eat something small during your breaks to help sustain you until your lunch break and then eat something healthy but light since it sounds like it's so close to the end of your day. Here are a few suggestions:

-Apple with 2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
    -Pita Sandwich with a lil tuna salad or chicken salad made with greek yogurt instead of mayo. (I put the salad mix in a seperate container so the bread doesn't get soggy. May be add some carrot sticks.
    - Small cup of chili
    -Hummus with veggies and/or pita bread.
    -Hard boiled egg, mini bagel and some veggies and/or fruit
    -Package of instant oatmeal. Add an egg white in for protein

I agree with one of the other messages - if the calories fit within your day you should be fine. However, I understand what it's like to eat late and you don't always want a heavy meal before bed.