Is anybody on Body by vi? Should I try or Shouldn't I?

Options
I was just introduced to body by vi last night and I wanted to know if there is anyone else using this program. I am skeptical of it because I don't believe in using shakes to replace real food, but I was told these shakes are packed full of nutrients that our body needs everyday. I was thinking of trying it out but I wanted to see what other people are saying about this product. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    a guy on my job is on that and he has lost damn near 60-80 pounds in like 6 months he look like a stick now, everyone thought he was sick...smh
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in using shakes to replace real food

I support your belief.

Meal replacements are a fine choice if one is willingly doing this under the pretense that shakes are convenient and they view it as a time-saver.

However, if you can lose weight just as easily using REAL FOOD, I personally find this much more enjoyable, sustainable, and sensible.

With no disrespect to those that are on shakes, I would suggest you stick to eating real food with the following intent:

1) Eat at a moderate calorie deficit (not too aggressive).
    2) Eat "mostly" healthy foods and eat "a little" junk food here and there.
    3) Exercise
    4) Get rest and repeat.
    5) And disregard all the other crap that doesn't matter.

Do the above and I promise, you will do well and it won't be nearly as difficult as we can make it out to be.
  • ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't recommend the program! I will admit, I have not tried it but it doesn't seem sustainable. I agree that I prefer to get my nutrients from real food. I feel fuller eating food than i would havig meal replacement shakes!!

I feel like once you quit using the shakes, you'd gain your weight back. From what Ive heard, it can be quite pricy as well.
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    yes they are pricy!! i think bodybyvi is like 200.00 a month or something like that and the more people you get to take the stuff you get a free month supply to the point where you never really have to pay for the stuff. just take that money and get a membership at the gym with a trainer,and eat healthy foods you will be better off in the long run. imo
  • LoMadd0406
    LoMadd0406 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I am thinking that I should just stick to what I know, which is food...lol!! I am going to follow something close to what Sidesteal has written. I think this will be the best and healthy way to losing weight!
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just started it myself after having a friend lose 64lbs last year (9 mos) on them. I had already lost 20lbs last year by simple dieting/exercising and ran my first half-marathon, but I'm wanting to lose another 20 this year. I thought this would be a great way to kick start it, plus just easier since I work two jobs and have kids. I know how to eat right and exercise and feel that I will be able to maintain after I lose 20lbs since I've maintained the first 20 I lost for 6 months before deciding to lose more. (Oh, forgot to add that I'm doing the program that is just 100/mo for two shakes/day. So actually not much more than the regular protein shakes my husband does anyway to supplement for his body building.)
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love the shakes! They are so Yummy and so many different ways to make them! Im a stay at home mom and usually have no energy for nothing. My daughter started preschool in the mornings and I get out of bed and get her off to school and would go back to bed or just lay on the couch and watch TV! I started BBV today and got so much done! Im not saying it was the shakes but I feel great today so y doubt it! Im excited and cant wait to see what happens :) totally recommend
  • CandyAppleCockers
    CandyAppleCockers Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've heard people are loving the shakes. Where are you buying yours?
  • TonyaCrego
    Options
    I personally wouldn't recommend the program! I will admit, I have not tried it but it doesn't seem sustainable. I agree that I prefer to get my nutrients from real food. I feel fuller eating food than i would havig meal replacement shakes!!

I feel like once you quit using the shakes, you'd gain your weight back. From what Ive heard, it can be quite pricy as well.
    the shakes are packed full of nutrients u cant get from food unless u are eating all day long and tons of! they are amazing and not pricey at all when you think about the amount of money you spend on "real food". One meal costs $1.80...where else can you spend $1.80 and get all them fabulous nutrient benefits???
  • TonyaCrego
    Options
    yes they are pricy!! i think bodybyvi is like 200.00 a month or something like that and the more people you get to take the stuff you get a free month supply to the point where you never really have to pay for the stuff. just take that money and get a membership at the gym with a trainer,and eat healthy foods you will be better off in the long run. imo

The shape kit is $99/month when replacing 2 meals a day. its $1.80 a meal...where else can you get all the nutrients provided by the shake mix for $1.80????