running clothes for women over a size 16

Options
I want to buy myself some running stuff to reward doing the c25k program, I am more than halfway and havent died yet..haha, but all I can find is sizes that are toooo small. My 130lb 5 foot 10 daughter wears a large in Nike, which for means I need a 3x! (she is not big and wears a large). Are there places on line to get larger sized running clothes and exercise clothes in general. I have thought about going to the mens section but they are not designed for my body shape if you get the picture...

any suggestions?

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    She wears a large because she is tall for a girl. I doubt Nike makes a XXXL for woman, try the sweats at wall mart, they are pretty cheap.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Old Navy.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yep old navy...
  • chronosfire
    Options
    Also check out Wal-Mart, I bought some nice stuff from there, and they seemed to have a decent size selection.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Definetely Old Navy!
  • stephanie8625
    stephanie8625 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sears has some nice stuff for the larger woman -- I have gotten some of my stuff there, and they have up to 4X
  • jjohns52
    Options
    if you have a kohl's, try there. I found XXL in several brands, including FILA that fit OK when I was a size 18.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Old Navy and WalMart is where I got all my running stuff. Danskin shirts in the wickable fabric go to at least 3xl because I have one in my gym bag.
  • Christiane81
    Options
    under armour outlet is amazing, their clothing fits perfectly (I am an 18) and it lasts!
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    i found mine at walmart also!!!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    believe it or not, I am wearing some sweat/yoga pants I found at Ross (my bottom half is a size 20ish)

Good luck, come back to let us know where you found your stuff!
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    The best place is Lane Bryant and Torrid, Torrid is the most stylish, this stores are for lady's that aren't the average sizes, you can buy online from both,
  • NicoleMarie00
    NicoleMarie00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Old Navy! I have their Active compression pants and capris and LOVE them! I myself being a 16.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've found some nice workout clothes at TJ Maxx and Marshall's. I think Fashion Bug carries some workout clothes too.
  • jenniferjjb
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 9 and probably a size 14/16 and have been a serious exerciser for several years (just b/c you need to lose weight doesn't mean you can't run :) Anyway, this is one of my pet peeves, even when I'm down to a size 10/12, the running shorts are too darn short for for me. Seriously, don't these companies (nike, adidas, fila, etc.) think that anyone is who is not already super-skinny and in shape might want to work out to get in better shape? Even when I get them to fit, I'd be too mortified at how short they are to ever do mountain climbers at bootcamp!

I have two pairs of adidas capri pants and some men's basketball shorts (which don't fit my shape either) that I wear to exercise (and wash constantly). Don't know if commiserating helps but I feel your pain sister.
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    walmart.... I love walmart lol
  • Rangergal9
    Rangergal9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wear an 18 and buy all my pants from Old Navy! I wear their XL in the yoga pants. I find the XXL stretches out too quickly. I usually just wear XL t-shirts that I stole from my husband!
  • jen_graven
    jen_graven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree, the Danskin stuff at walmart is pretty good stuff. It has lasted quite a while. Good luck!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Gap (the Gap Body section), Athleta (online @ Gap.com), Target.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Wal-Mart, and Ebay, Zellers for the cheapest but sometimes Additionelle has some good deals