Gave up soda

Options
A year and a half ago. I gave up soda and started exculsivly drank water. I was told just by doing that you lose weight. I drink about 8 glasses a day sometime even more. I havve not seen any weight loss to this.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It's because you're not in a calorie deficit. You need to burn more than you eat.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! But I am surprised that you have not lost weight -- I gave up diet soda and all artificial sweeteners 4 1/2 years ago, and quickly lost 5lbs, which I attributed to the reduced sodium intake and the sweeteners.
  • katiedavenport
    katiedavenport Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was drinking over 1,000 calories a day just in Coke! I quit after having my baby and have lost 50lbs since the day I had him 5 months ago. I attribute it to trying to limit myself to 1500-1800 calories a day...and it being good cals, not empty ones. The keys to my weight loss have been trying to become more active,watching what my intake is, and taking green tea pills daily.
  • subzerolv
    subzerolv Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I gave up all sodas a couple years ago and quickly lost about 20 lbs. Not too long ago, I started again, but switched to diet sodas. Not surprisingly, the weight came back. Just in the last couple weeks, I've cut out all sodas again. Haven't seen much of a change yet. Time will tell.
  • LeCitron
    Options
    I gave up soda for New Years 2011 and recently celebrated a whole year without soda. I did not, however, lose any weight once I stopped drinking (okay, guzzling) diet soda. Frankly I found it quite annoying but I compensated that fact by saying to myself: "Hey, at least all of those chemicals aren't in my body anymore."

So chin up! There is a positive light to this even if it isn't weight loss. And congrats on being soda free for so long. In today's society soda is almost more common than water, so good for all of us posting such positive stats on this thread. :)