DID YOU KNOW THEY CAN HIDE THIS FROM U?

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't even allow us 1 gram
    Don't worry. You can customize your settings so that you can eat more.
    Why would anyone want to eat more trans fats?
    Flavor.
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Sneaky, sneaky, I wouldn't put it past them their job is to sell as many of those products as possible - Kashi has a reputation of misleading consumers into thing their foods are organic by using phrases like 'All Natural'.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I was watching a little snippet from Comcast about Trans Fat etc... we all know Trans fat is bad. MFP doesn't even allow us 1 gram.... but did you know even though companies have to label if their product contains trans fat under a certain percentage, about half... they can still list it as 0g Trans Fat... Look in the INGREDIENTS for Partially hydroginated, Hydroginated and Shortening... <-- thats trans fat!!

I knew that. I always read ingredients.

Trans fat is in pretty much every processed food out there, too. Anyone near a Publix should read the labels on everything in the bakery. 95% of it has trans fat in it.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Sneaky, sneaky, I wouldn't put it past them their job is to sell as many of those products as possible - Kashi has a reputation of misleading consumers into thing their foods are organic by using phrases like 'All Natural'.

That is not misleading consumers, it would be the consumers fault for not understanding the difference. 'All natural' just means they are using natural ingredients, it has nothing to do with it being organic or not.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

That is not misleading consumers, it would be the consumers fault for not understanding the difference. 'All natural' just means they are using natural ingredients, it has nothing to do with it being organic or not.

I was thinking that, too. I mean, if it doesn't say "organic," why would something think it was organic?

And the trans fat thing? It usually says, 0 grams trans fat PER SERVING. That's generally the give-away, if it's mentioned at all.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Flavor.

Wow. I think that is the craziest thing I've read on these forums, and I've read a lot of crazy things.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    SOSNA*****ES!:mad:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I found that out yesterday. How sneaky!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Flavor.
    Wow. I think that is the craziest thing I've read on these forums, and I've read a lot of crazy things.
    Hey -- to each his own. I'm working on becoming fatty fat.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    onoes.gif

:laugh: Stealing this!
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    Flavor.
    Hey -- to each his own. I'm working on becoming fatty fat.

huh? and you have some 4000 plus posts here? are you a destructive force or did you just get lost?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I was watching a little snippet from Comcast about Trans Fat etc... we all know Trans fat is bad. MFP doesn't even allow us 1 gram.... but did you know even though companies have to label if their product contains trans fat under a certain percentage, about half... they can still list it as 0g Trans Fat... Look in the INGREDIENTS for Partially hydroginated, Hydroginated and Shortening... <-- thats trans fat!!

Now do you consider naturally occurring trans fat and synthetic trans fat equally as bad?
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    OBSESSION...........it's more than a perfume!

demotivational-posters-obsession.jpg
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    don't eat anything that needs a label to tell you how many additives are in it! fresh or frozen veg, salad, fresh or frozen meat or fish. most transf fats will probably be in tv dinners, ready meals etc
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Don't think you can pour out a whole bottle of butter spray and it's still zero calories.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Don't think you can pour out a whole bottle of butter spray and it's still zero calories.

Agreed LOL
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Agreed LOL

Sadly, my statement comes from a true story. Someone on here once thought they had the greatest low-cal recipe ever. It was actually 1200 calories more than they thought.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Agreed LOL

Sadly, my statement comes from a true story. Someone on here once thought they had the greatest low-cal recipe ever. It was actually 1200 calories more than they thought.

Agreed, you'll occassionally see a post where someone is astounded when a spray cooking oil weighs in at exactly the same as any other oil. a milisecond spray does not a teaspoon make, and a teaspoon of oil is a teaspoon of oil no matter if you pour it, spray it, or freeze it and chop it into bits.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I knew that. it's the same for things that are labelled fat free/sugar free/etc. As long as it's under a certain amount they can say there is none. That's why it is ALWAYS important to check the ingredient list...
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options