Easter Baskets Are Evil

Options
:mad: I have been sooooo good lately (lost ten pounds, whoop!), but its that time of year again, and candy is everywhere grrrr. I am a chocolate fiend and it is so very hard to resist the temptation when everybody is still buying you candy when they know you are trying to avoid it. Anybody else have this problem? I would love to hear the ways that you manage to control youself, cause my self control took a major dip, hahaha.

Replies

• greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    :mad: I have been sooooo good lately (lost ten pounds, whoop!), but its that time of year again, and candy is everywhere grrrr. I am a chocolate fiend and it is so very hard to resist the temptation when everybody is still buying you candy when they know you are trying to avoid it. Anybody else have this problem? I would love to hear the ways that you manage to control youself, cause my self control took a major dip, hahaha.
  • stacy83084
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I live with my parents, and my mom buys candy and snacks all the time. I have asked her to stop because I dont have the self control to avoid cookies or chocolate or whatever else is around, but she keeps buying them!!! grrrr Its so frustrating
  • Funkystarr
    Options
    Ya Easter is the WORST holiday for me :sad: I love Cadbury Eggs, and Reeses eggs, and Snicker eggs...i can keep going but ill stop. I keep trying to pretend like i dont see it in the store and i was doing good till last weekend.
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    My mom loves Easter, so even though I'm an adult, with my own family now. She still gives me an easter basket every year. Its just gotten to the point now where I have no reason to ever buy candy, not even for my kids. Because my mom and grandma give us so much that half of it goes in the trash anyways. I just get toys for my kids' Easter baskets(side walk chalk, bubbles...) It gives us a reason to be outside. Then they don't notice when I thow the candy away lol. :tongue:

Just because someone gives you sweets, doesn't mean that you have to eat them. Graciously say thankyou. :flowerforyou: Then give it away or just toss it in the trash. Its not like they're gonna ask you"Did you eat that!?" No one will ever know and you feel good that you didn't eat it. :smile:
  • lizburnsyb
    Options
    I consider Girl Scout cookie season and Easter to be a one-two punch. :sad:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I've been buying 2lb boxes of See's dark chocolate nuts & chews for the past few years and split the box with my wife. We usually treat ourselves with one treat every few days until the box is empty and then wait for next Easter.

We try not to over do it since the kids have moved out and have their own lives.
  • kyliepp
    kyliepp Posts: 7
    Options
    easter is very evil . I look at choclate and the pounds
    fall on me.
    bloody choclate :sad:
    but I going to try something different
    I am going to eat fish
    jelly & custard.
    but any way have lovely easte r:flowerforyou:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Thanks everybody, have a happy (and strong!) easter!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    It's just me and my dad, and I use to buy candy every Easter and split it with him. This year I didn't buy any candy for myself. I have a basket made up for him with sweet things he likes. Halloween is another bad candy day.....fortunately it's a way off.:happy:
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    I know if there is chocolate in the house my alter ego will eat it all!!!

I stopped buying candy for the kids for Easter, Christmas, valentines day, etc. The only holiday where it is unavoidable for me is Halloween....

Those peanut butter eggs are evil.....
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm cadbury cream eggs........
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options

Sounds like Homer Simpson....mmmm donuts
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options

Sounds like Homer Simpson....mmmm donuts

:laugh:
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am actually trying to figure out how to get a Cadbury Creme Egg into one of my days! They are my absolute favorite! My brother-in-law's girlfriend sent over 2 cute little Easter baskets for my kids filled with candy and one of my boys is only 11 months, he can't even eat candy! My husband and I have been having one or two (or 4 or 5!) a day but counting it. I also hid some to put in my older son's Easter basket again on Sunday - he'll never notice and then I don't have to buy any bags of candy. Also trying to do other things like little toys or 100 cal packs of teddy grahams for them instead of candy.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    cadbury mini eggs are my weakness.
    my dad is also a HUGE candy person (on top of many bad eating habits) and hides bags of them around the house from my mom (who is a crazed health nut) but he hides them in my room while I am at school and forgets about it and then I come home with CANDY in my room!

makes me happy to go home but also dread it ha.

i guess one weekend of cadbury won't kill me.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Creme Eggs are 170 calories. That's about 20 minutes on the elliptical or a 45 minute walk for me. I think it might be worth it!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    mmmmm, I really should have never looked at this thread!
    now I'm thinking I could have one of those Cadbury's!
    darn all of you!!!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I know if there is chocolate in the house my alter ego will eat it all!!!

LOL.... I feel the same way with peanut butter... I used to hate it, but now I am addicted!!!

.yeah I have not had chocolate in a while.. Hopefully I can resist. :)
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    There will be no candy in the girls' Easter baskets this year.. well, maybe a bunny or 2:embarassed:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My girls are getting mostly non food related things in their baskets except for their little bunnies and during the easter egg hunt I am hiding those plastic eggs filled with goldfish crackers or raisinets. Hopefully my moms house will not be too candy filled and since we go out to eat I am going to pick out the healthiest sounding entree and cross my fingers.