New Year, New Me!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for showing your support when I mentioned my teenage daughter problems.

I'm sorry I've disapeared...I feel like I went to a dark place for a couple of weeks (gained 8 lbs since my last log in)...I just kind of stopped carring. It's been one thing after another the last few weeks but the main reason I didn't log in is because I'm ashamed of myself for letting it get this far! I feel better now and am ready to get my head back in the game.

I'm really excited for the New Year and have a lot of changes I would like to make as of the 1st!!

Happy New Year and I hope everybody is doing good!!!!
    @ Maria - I know exactly how you feel...I think was in that same dark place, only maybe I was in a different corner so we missed each other. :smile: I'm glad you're motivated and ready to make a fresh start! Happy New Year!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    I'm really embarrassed to report that this past week has been a complete disaster. Work was very hectic, and I ended up only exercising on 2 days and eating a lot of the holiday sweets around the office every day because I was stressed. What's worse is that when co-workers talked to me about what they would be doing with their families during the holiday break next week (my company has holidays all of next week), a lot of the emotions from my break up last month got stirred up again and I got really depressed on top of being stressed. My eating went out of control and I ended up having big late night binges almost every night.

I'm sure that I gained a lot of weight this week, and doing a weigh-in now would demoralizing...so I'm going to skip the weigh-in this week. This coming week I'm going to work on re-establishing my eating and exercise routine, and try to get my eating stabilized. I going to get started on that next Mon., since I have big holiday meals with family scheduled for this weekend. Hopefully I can get my weight down by next Friday's weigh-in!
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time Mimi! I hope you feel a little better....it must have been tough but I hope you had a good Christmas! Stay strong! The new year is almost here which in my eyes means a chance for new beginings :flowerforyou:
    @ Maria - thanks for the support! I am feeling better mentally now, and I did manage to get the bingeing under control during this past week while I was on holiday. But then I got sick a few days ago and my exercise plans went down the drain. You're right though -- the new year is here and its time for a fresh start! I hope I can get over being sick soon so that I can start exercising again. I really want to get back into my usual eating/exercise routine!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Wow I completely forgot to weigh in!!!! I am so bad at that lately, even though I have been doing pretty good diet/exercise wise. If I don't update tomorrow I will monday!
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, guys...I feel like I've let all of you down as well as myself. I totally indulged in the high-calorie foods with little to no exercise the past 2 1/2 weeks and am up 5 lbs!!! :sad:
    Those 5 lbs were not easy to lose in the first place so I am very discouraged with myself. Doing my best to get back on track & on focus.
    Congrats to those of you who have managed to lose or maintain during the holiday season! I need you to kick my tail into gear, I think! :wink:

Don't be too hard on yourself. I have been the exact same way. These really are hard times to stay focused. But I think the important thing is to brush yourself off and try again. I know I am, even if it takes a lot of brushing off. Good luck! ;)
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My weigh in for 12/30 is 185.8. I have been steadily gaining weight since Thanksgiving. I think it is time to start climbing down the scale.
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    My official weigh-in for 12/31 was 128. Another pound higher. But today that changes!! Thank you, January 1st, for getting here and bringing a fresh start with it! I am going to get that number down by 1/6, for sure!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    123 even! WOW even after all the drinking last night.....crazy but I will take it, lol. I started running a lot more this past week I am doing the C25K app that gets you gradually trained to running a 5k. I love it! Happy New Year everyone!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I feel off during the holidays as well. I weighed myself and it wasn't pretty. So I'm just putting it behind me; it's life and that is going to happen around the holidays. This is a new year (and day) so I'm starting right back where I started. To be honest I thought it was going to be hard but my brain just dropped back into the routine and took over. I should get it a card or something :-D
  • kmvp08
    kmvp08 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.

Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a great holiday. Sorry, I wasn't really around. Like many of you I was just maintaining during the holidays. I think since many of us have been in the healthy routine for awhile it will be easy to get back into our healthy groove again.

Here's to an awesome 2012 and remember if you fall away just keep coming back!

btw- WHY are the last 20lbs so darn difficult!! =)
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    I feel off during the holidays as well. I weighed myself and it wasn't pretty. So I'm just putting it behind me; it's life and that is going to happen around the holidays. This is a new year (and day) so I'm starting right back where I started. To be honest I thought it was going to be hard but my brain just dropped back into the routine and took over. I should get it a card or something :-D

I'm right there with you man! I was maintaining pretty good for a while, then I just got bogged down with the holidays, all that damn food in my house, and for some reason getting up to feed Zack at 4am makes me want to snack!!!! While I fell off during the holidays as well, so far I've been back at my routinue basically yesterday and today and I am not really having any issues. Hit the gym last night and will do it again tonight after work. We will overcome this setback and move forward man!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Weight loss goal: 7.0 lbs
    Weight loss total: 2.2 lbs (Week 6)

Week 0: 136.8 (
    ) -- starting weight
    Week 1: 137.6 (+ .8 lbs) -- constant binging
    Week 2: 133.2 (-4.4 lbs)
    Week 3: 133.2 ( 0.0 lbs) -- binged on 2 days
    Week 4:
    -- constant binging
    Week 5: 134.8 ( 0.0 lbs) -- binged on 2 days / sick (no exercise)
    Week 6: 134.8 (0.0 lbs) -- sick (no exercise)

I'm really happy that I maintained during the past week, since work was stressful and I couldn't exercise at all because I was sick. Usually stress and lack of exercise is a deadly combination that makes me very susceptible to bingeing, and thanks to daily support from my MFP buddies I managed to avoid bingeing! That was a major accomplishment for me, and I'm really happy about that. :happy:

So I didn't get anywhere near my goal for the challenge for various reasons, but I'm more determined than ever to reach my goal weight this year. Hopefully I can finish recovering from the flu this weekend, and get back to my usual exercise routine as of next Mon.

I'm definitely in if Mandy wants to continue this challenge!
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Hopped on the scale this morning to end the challenge at 127 lbs. I started at 128.5. So, essentially I maintained through the holiday rather than getting down to the 124.5 lb goal I had set for myself.

I am not discouraged, though. I enjoyed myself with friends and family and still made time for a good bit of exercise. Now I am serious about finally getting to my ultimate goal weight of 115!!

I am finished with running challenges for now. I have some other things that I am focusing on for a little while, so I am happy to let someone else step into the "leadership" role! I like to do things well, and I lost steam this time around. So better not to run any challenge than one which is mediocre!!!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Hopped on the scale this morning to end the challenge at 127 lbs. I started at 128.5. So, essentially I maintained through the holiday rather than getting down to the 124.5 lb goal I had set for myself.

I am not discouraged, though. I enjoyed myself with friends and family and still made time for a good bit of exercise. Now I am serious about finally getting to my ultimate goal weight of 115!!

I am finished with running challenges for now. I have some other things that I am focusing on for a little while, so I am happy to let someone else step into the "leadership" role! I like to do things well, and I lost steam this time around. So better not to run any challenge than one which is mediocre!!!
    @ Mandy - maintaining through the holidays is good! Let's both get to our goal weights in 2012!

Thanks for all of the effort that you put into running the challenges so far. I thought they were both great and I enjoyed them a lot. I'll be here when you decide to do another one! :smile: