real quick - help

Options
I'm getting ready to make egg noodles. The calories say 1 1/4 serving. When I look it up on here it is a dry serving. I'm cooking the whole bag for family so is the cooked serving the same as a dry serving 1 1/4 cup?

I'm sure this has been covered before but I was trying to find quick answer.

Thank you

Replies

• Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Presumably. If you're cooking them in water that is. But then again, if noodles are plumper when cooked it would be a different ratio. Maybe try search another brand with similar calorie per serving counts?
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If I was you I would work out the calories per portion size using the nutritional information on the pack, per g serving. I am finding with a few things on here it's not overly specific with the portion sizes so I am having to add them in myself.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most noodles will at least double in size, so if you are cooking in a no-calorie liquid (such as water) then you should probably double the serving size (e.g. the box says 1 C dry = 200 calories, then 2 C cooked = 200 calories). If you are cooking in a liquid with calories then you'd need to account for those as well.
  • teslagirl87
    Options
    I'm cooking in water. So if I measure a cup of cooked noodles then figure double the calories? Sorry to be dumb about this, just want to get it right.