Exercise with big boobs

Options
Not wanting this thread to sound dodgy, but I really need help. I'm a UK 34GG chest (currently 16 top 18/20 bottoms) and I'm finding it impossible to do the exercise I want to. You can just about get a sports bra in this size, but I feel I'm still not getting enough support.

I'm a person with the attitude that I wont care if I'm seen running, but not it's possible for me right now, because of the size of my chest, it's painful!

The other problem I've faced is that with the strapping down tries I've attempted, it's restricting my breathing and lung capacity, so I'm stuck between flapping about and something that feels like an asthma attack.

Anyone know any tricks? Thanks in advance

Heather x

Replies

• shadykatiekate
    shadykatiekate Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try a sports bra with an underwire. It holds them in place!
  • lorals05
    Options
    Have you tried a lower impact cardio exercise such as eliptical, stairs, or stationary bike? That's what try to do more of currently.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    DItto the lower-impact cardio. Running is nice, but it's just not feasible for you right now.
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a 40 DDD and I wear my regular bra with good support with a sports bra over it. I found the Nike Compression ones are really good for support. Seems to do the trick :)
  • diva30plus
    Options
    I am also fairly large breasted and I tie the straps of my sports bra and it works pretty good at keeping them secure when I do my aerobics classes. I started at a 46i and I am currently at a 44G
  • x_biggirl
    Options
    I have the same chest size as you and have bought a freya active underwired bra and find it is the best around :):smile:
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    i wear two sports bras
  • Pwnpickles
    Options
    I wear a comfortable, yet snug "regular" bra under a "sports" style bra, it helps with the pain and allows me to do light jogging, but I still cannot do a lot of high impact running/jumping rope.
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I wear a 36DDD, and it took a long time for me to figure out how to get support, without feeling suffocated.

I wear a regular bra with 3 sports bras and a tank top with a built in shelf bra. The trick was finding bras that don't feel too tight when wearing more than 1.
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wear your regular bra (with an underwire if possible) and a sports bra on top. This works well and sometimes I will wear 2 bras and the sports bra on top if I am doing kick boxing or something like that.
  • grnmum
    grnmum Posts: 1
    Options
    Try a professionaly fitted sports bra ( I use the Bendon High impact model) with a sports crop top over that to minimise bounce.

I am a 16H and that works for me.

Good luck, running is the best to lose flab:smile:
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Double or triple up on the bras. Choose the second layer bra a cup size too small for extra hold.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the UK, but in the states, most good running stores have sports bras for girls of all shapes and sizes.

I've heard good (VERY good) things about the brand Enell. (I was a 42 DD before losing weight)
  • LadyKatie2010
    Options
    Im a DDD and I know your pain, hun. I usually wear a normal bra and then a sports bra over it.

or I just got this no bounce sports bra at a store here in the US called Catherines. its awesome. im very impressed with it.

(catherines.com) :)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm only a D and it hurts me to run without a good supportive sports bra! I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is for you ladies with bigger 'girls'. OUCH.

Anyway, I always use my regular bra and just put a sports bra on over. :)
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Try two sports bras and a sports tank with the built in shelf. Works for me!
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm going to second the Freya Active sports bra. Its one of the best underwire varieties out there. You could also check for Panache's new sports bra, Shock Absorber, or Royce. They all come in band/cup combos. You want compression and encapsulation to keep them firmly supported and separated. You won't get zero bounce, but that is about the best you'll get. I'm a 30Gish so I understand the issue of finding a good sports bra.

For other cardio options, there are some great suggestions here already, but don't forget your weights. If you have gym access you can try the stair master, that sucker burns on the legs.
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra under my regular bra for extra support. I also do the elliptical machine instead of running (even though that's more for my knees than my boobs). I have found really good sports bras that you can wear alone online but they are super expensive. They are made specifically for women with large breasts.
  • lhabedank
    lhabedank Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i do the 2 sport bra thing, except i wear a normal one under and then an excercise top that has a built in bra but it goes to the waist.

http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/women/t-shirts---tops/tank-tops---camis/champion-double-dry-reg;-ultra-fem-long-top-with-inner-sports-bra

this really seems to work well.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a lower impact cardio exercise such as eliptical, stairs, or stationary bike? That's what try to do more of currently.

^^^This. At least until you've lost some more weight and your breasts shrink more (and believe me the girls will eventually start shrinking if you keep losing weight ). Once they get down to a more manageable size you can get a really good and tight sports bra. I have a XL Nike Women's Dri-FIT Pro Training Sports Bra. It's "Compression Fit" and flattens my 40 DD chest into what looks to be a B cup! lol Even with my most vigorous exercises those puppies barely move in that thing. lol It's a b*tch to get on, but so worth to to work out and not have to worry about boobs slapping and flapping about. lol