IUD and MENSTRUAL CUP QUESTION (WOMEN ONLY)

Options
i have an iud and a menstrual cup how do you do it can you give me advice and is it safe

Replies

• lizgreenhill
    Options
    im pretty sure it is safe.. try googling iuds and menstrual cups it tells you how to do it and stuff. I have never used the cups so i have no clue how to.. sorry
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Best person to ask would be your obgyn. :flowerforyou:
  • alapoint89
    Options
    shows its safe lol but i need advice to use both
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    With my IUD, I only spot rarely and don't have a real period. There's no need for a menstrual cup. What type of IUD do you have?
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I only have an IUD but never even knew that a menstrual cup existed. My IUD was put in by my doc. I just check it monthly by using my fingers.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    shes mad because i didnt get the iud from her and wont aswer me and the dr that put it in couldnt tell me
  • alapoint89
    Options
    With my IUD, I only spot rarely and don't have a real period. There's no need for a menstrual cup. What type of IUD do you have?
    copper
  • mistym1967
    Options
    I work at at a OB/GYN office and the majority of our patient's do not even have their periods with an IUD and if they do it is usually just a very light spotting and they get away with using a panty liner. Inserting the cup is similar to putting in a tampon. It should have some with instructions.
  • writtenINthestars
    Options
    shes mad because i didnt get the iud from her and wont aswer me and the dr that put it in couldnt tell me

Well that's pretty unprofessional of her. I'd find a new doc.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    it doesnt
  • alapoint89
    Options

i am
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    You need instructions on how to use the cup? There are some on the box, the rest is trial and error, every body is a little different.
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You basically use a menstrual cup like a tampon, and there's specific instructions in the box. I don't have an IUD, but if you can't use tampons with an IUD, you probably can't use a menstrual cup.
  • writtenINthestars
    Options

i am

Ok, good. Otherwise, I have no additional advice for you. lol :)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    How do you do what?

I have an IUD and it's about the most amazing thing ever.
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    Firstly, I love my menstrual cup (Diva cup). I have always heard that you cannot wear them with IUDs because the string of the IUD can be hooked by the cup. My bff has an IUD and was told by her doctor not to use a cup. Obviously, you should definitely speak with a doctor about this.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    You need instructions on how to use the cup? There are some on the box, the rest is trial and error, every body is a little different.
    no no i need to know how people do it with the iud
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I never had any problems. I meant to ask my doc, but forgot. At first I checked on the iud every time I took my cup out, but then I just got used to it. I only used the cup for maybe 6 or 7 months though. Due to a medical reason I don't have my period anymore. I was so sad- I wished I had gotten more use out of my cup! I love it!

--- I did always try to tuck the strings up pretty high before inserting the cup.
  • MonaRN81
    MonaRN81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have neither an IUD or use cups, but I know several ladies that do, and I have just heard that you need to be careful when removing the cup since I guess there is a slight slight chance you could dislodge the IUD. I would just make sure you break the suction before you pull out the cup and then gentle ease it out.
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    use the cup like normal...just be extra careful when removing it. Make sure to break the suction and make sure you don't pull on the strings. I use both and was worried about it at first but it's been almost a year with no problems. Just use caution when removing the cup and you should be fine =)