Getting Back to the Gym

Options
How do you guys get back to the gym after I long recess? The way I feel is really odd. I know I need to get back to the gym and I want to get back on track, but I just don't have the motivation after working my full time job.

So, do you guys have any tips, tricks, or ideas?

Replies

• cls09
    cls09 Posts: 38
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I too felt this way once and for a very long time. I too work a full-time job and then immediately go home after work so that I can let me dogs out, by that time I am switching on the tv and cooking dinner...eventually never making it to the gym.
    I started walking during my lunch break and parking further away, making me walk more and getting in a routine of at least doing something. Once I did that, I started feeling better, having more energy, and feeling motivated again. Now, I get up before work and stop at the gym on my way to work, that way I have no excuses after work. Oh, and I also sleep in my gym clothes I am going to wear the next day. Hope that helps a little bit.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My trick is to pack my gym things and put them in the car or even carry them into work and leave them in view next to my desk so I know I have no excuses because my things are packed.

If I went home first I would never come back out. I settle down too quickly and can't be moved lol
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree with the statement once you get in you never get back out. I very rarely actually make it to the gym after coming home from work and school. I use to, but after I switched to morning I have a hard time doing that (plus it's a waste of gas and time).
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I really had to force myself back to the gym this morning after taking 2 weeks off. I just told myself how much better I'd feel for going, rather than feeling the guilt for not going. I didn't burn as much as I normally do but I guess that was expected after having 2 weeks off.
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Spring and warm weather are right around the corner. Well, maybe not RIGHT around the corner, but we're headed in the right direction. I keep thinking of all of the cute clothes I want to wear when it goes warm.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My trick is to pack my gym things and put them in the car or even carry them into work and leave them in view next to my desk so I know I have no excuses because my things are packed.

If I went home first I would never come back out. I settle down too quickly and can't be moved lol
    This helps me out for sure. It gives me a guilty conscience if that bag makes it to my truck, but not the gym.
  • lorals05
    Options

This helps me out for sure. It gives me a guilty conscience if that bag makes it to my truck, but not the gym.

Agreed. This is what I have to do as well. It's a major guilt trip if I don't go...