water!

Options
mkoff32
mkoff32 Posts: 88 Member
Does anyone else find it difficult to drink 8 glasses of water per day? I usually drink around 4. Will drinking just 4 glasses throw a wrench in my weight loss attempt?

Replies

• helenwood101
    Options
    I struggle. I normally have 5/6 but sometimes only 3 or 4.
    Sorry I dont know the answer to your question
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    What size glasses are you drinking?? You may be drinking more than you think! :wink:
  • mkoff32
    mkoff32 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking 16 ounce bottles...
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use to struggle with it. . .some days i still do. . .but I'm breastfeeding also so I feel thirsty all the time so helps me :):laugh:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I do drink about 12 glasses daily. I find it makes it easier if you drink green tea- nothing in it except for the flavour tea. You may want to try something like this. Good Luck! Water is important not just for weigh lost.
  • MirandaMaurits
    Options
    You're meeting the goal. 8 - 8oz glasses of water is 64 oz per day. Same as your 4 - 16oz water bottles.

I've heard 1/2 oz water per lb of weight is a decent rule of thumb for daily water consumption goals.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find it difficult to drink 8 glasses of water per day? I usually drink around 4. Will drinking just 4 glasses throw a wrench in my weight loss attempt?
    you can drink other things besides water just make sure they are no sodium,no caffeine and no sugar beverages...they count towards your daily hydration...
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking 16 ounce bottles...

and you are counting each bottle as TWO glasses, correct?
  • JaneAusten
    JaneAusten Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I too find it difficult to drink enough water, but I try to make the 8 glasses a day. The suggestion of tea is a good one. I drink herb tea but I didn't know whether to count it or not. Does anyone else experience a tummy ache or dyspepsia when drinking a glass of water by itself (not with a meal)?
  • BlossysMom
    BlossysMom Posts: 50
    Options
    The ORIGINAL WATER HATER here. I find it very hard to drink any. I force myself and come as close to 8 as I can.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm pretty lucky...I always surpass the 8 glasses. At my office we have the big 24 ounce tervis tumblers. All I do is put a slice of lemon or lime in my water...it makes it taste great without adding any calories.
  • JaneAusten
    JaneAusten Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that I hate having to pee all the time too!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I do really good getting all my water in on the days I'm working (8 bottles = 128oz) but on my days off it's a little harder.

You might try crystal light or some other different flavoring to make it easier for you to drink all your water. Looks like you're getting enough right now though.

I also drink diet cherry limeades from Sonic on occasion. As far as I know this counts as it doesn't have sugar, or caffiene (far as I know anyway.)

Good Luck!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that I hate having to pee all the time too!

OMG I feel ya! My fiancee teases me that he's going to strap a toilet to my butt. :huh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It took me awhile to work up to drinking enough..but now that I have...I can rarely drink anything else. I just love the way it makes me feel and I can tell instantly when I haven't had enough.

I have these great cups at home that hold 24 ounces each. I make it a goal of mine to drink at least three of these cups a day. I usually get a lot more though.

I drink 24 ounces first thing in the morning and it wakes me up and get's my energy flowing. I then work on the rest during the course of the day.

I can barely drink any soda anymore. It is weird how changing your lifestyle completely changes your cravings and how things taste to you!!

Just work at it. Slowly ease into it. Maybe add sliced lemon or cucumber to the water to jazz it up a bit. Trust me, your body will thank you if you get enough!
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    My tip is i bought a litre bottle of water and add a tiny bit of sugar free flavour drink to it and i leave it beside the sink or anywhere i am for a length of time and keep sipping at it, this really works for me and i can now manage at least 2 1/2 litres per day :smile:
  • mtcountrygal
    Options
    This is gonna sound nuts, but drink thru a straw. It's a proven fact that you will drink more. I used to do that with alcohol...gets you drunk faster! I have a Camelbak water bottle that does not leave my side. I usually drink 3 of them or more a day totaling over 9 8 oz glasses a day. It has a "straw" like thing that you have to bite down on before you can suck anything thru it. Took awhile to get used to it, but I love it.
  • connie96
    connie96 Posts: 22
    Options
    The easiest way to get all the water you need is to not drink anything else until you develop a thirst for water. When your body gets all the water it needs, it doesn't retain water anymore (No more water weight!) so, the more you drink, the more you will notice your thirst. Have water with meals and keep a water bottle with you all day long. Once you work your way up, you can start adding other beverages (no- or low-calories, of course) back into your day.

I grab a 16oz bottle every morning while I'm getting ready for work and refill when I get to work. Refill mid-morning, lunchtime, mid-afternoon, one for the road on the way home and one more with dinner.

That's 7-16oz bottles or 14-8oz "glasses" or 7/8 of a gallon. And, even I'm surprised when I get to the end of the day and realize that I've had 9 or 10 bottles - that sometimes happens when I do a workout in the morning and have as many as 3 bottles before I even leave the house.

I also agree with anastacha63 that it's easier on workdays when you have a set schedule. I tend to drink a little less water on the weekends.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha...the pee thing is so true. I had to go to Walmart the other day after work...and by the time I got there I had to go so bad. I don't like public restrooms...but it was an emergency. I was going to burst if I didn't...so there I am at the front of the store...and like a charging bull...headed for the back. I'm sure some people thought I was crazy, but I really HAD to go. LOL! :blushing: