22, female, new to MFP -- Looking for buddies!

Options
Hey folks! Like most of you all, I'm looking to get healthier by eating clean and moving more. I'm taking my winter break from school to get a jump start on this health kick but I don't want to get caught off-guard when I return to school (and hopefully work..)

I love to cook. Hate to do push ups. And I'm looking for friends to maybe make this a long-term lifestyle change instead of a diet! Here's to the New Year!

Replies

• TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you.... I love cooking, too... I'll be having to learn to make some more healthy foods, I guess.
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    hello and welcome, feel free to add me. I lost 55 lbs in 2011, and reset my counter to 0 for 2012, its a new year and I am no longer my old starting weight this year, so i'm starting fresh again! welcome!
  • atemyheart
    atemyheart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    oh yes i am taking my break off from school to begin my weight loss as well!
  • CharlesK07
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP, You came to the right place to help you reach your goals through constant support and motivation. Feel Free to add me as well, and Good Luck on your journey to reach your goals.
  • Light539
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I've tried multiple times to make it stick but haven't had a buddy so maybe that's my problem? Anyway, I'll send you a friend request.
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome! I'm 23, in college too and also love cooking and hate pushup.. I'm a vegetarian too so feel free to add me an watch my diary! :smile:
  • Jgoodwin139
    Jgoodwin139 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're right on target! It also doesn't help that my SO is 6'5'' and a furnace when it comes to food. Nothing like a bad influence!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, graduated in May so not too long ago I was struggling through college trying to stay healthy. I eat pretty clean most days, some days I try to make the best of some potentially unhealthy situations. I too hate pushups, but one of my goals is to learn to love them, or at least be good at them. And I LOVE cooking... I swear if I could go back and the economy was decent I'd go to culinary school! Anyway, feel free to add me!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Double post... whoops.
  • adamsidea
    adamsidea Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Come on people, PUSHUPS ARE FUN!!! JK, my old Army self talking.
  • LaurenFatovic
    Options
    HI there! I'm new to MFP as well. I'm in grad school and I've found that it can be hard to stick to your goals when you're so busy as a student- but I know we can all do it! Let's keep the motivation going and support one another!
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm also new (well new again lol). This is such a great place for support and motivation!
  • Jgoodwin139
    Jgoodwin139 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whoa! I didn't expect all this. Thanks guys! I feel so very, very welcome :-P.
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with school, feel free to add me!!
  • aintnodoubtaboutit
    Options
    I'm also 22, trying to lose weight and looking for motivation :)
  • Ruz456
    Ruz456 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hows it going? welcome to MFP feel free to add me if you like
  • markchamberlain847
    Options
    Hey Everybody I new to this I'm From England now living in Canada. Used to be in the Infantry and struggling to keep the weight off. Feel free to add me too !!!!!