maury show on right now......about mothers and Fat children

Options
These poor children , thought you would want to see it.

Replies

• auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    These poor children , thought you would want to see it.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've seen those episodes before and they are really sad. Some of those mom's don't even realize that a 12 month year old baby shouldn't be drinking soda (out of a baby bottle)!! :noway: I don't even let my 4 year drink soda and to be honest, I'm going to keep my kids away from it as long as possible.
    It's very sad.
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    yeah these episodes really make me sick. I absolutely cringe when I hear the moms say they have to give in b/c the kids just get so upset at them if they dont. What do they think their kids are going to say to them when they are older and cant get the weight off or get teased, or have major health problems and find out it's just b/c their parents couldnt say not to them when they were toddlers!?
  • gretchenroberts03
    Options
    I agree with all of you, I have four boys and there are times when all of them have ganged up on me for something and I can still tell them no, so why can't these moms and dads say no to their little darling? I allow my kids to have snacks, but instead of cupcakes, they get granola bars, fruit, peanut butter crackers, and sometimes fruit rollups. I rarely bake, but when I do I inclue nuts and if at all possible, other healthy ingrediants (carrot, zuchini, raisins,yogurt, etc.) and my kids are just fine. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a total health nut, but I try to incorperate as much good stuff into their lives as I can. I actually am having trouble getting my 11 year old to gain weight! His doctor wants him to gain at least 10-15 pounds (he's tall and only weighs 64 pounds!) It all comes down to these parents allowing a child to control them and it seems that they are a bit lazy as well. And if they didn't shove a pound of bacon, a dozen eggs, a 2 liter of soda, followed by a bag of cookies chaser down a toddlers throat, then maybe the kids wouldn't be so heavy...