Smoothies?

Options
mslh84
mslh84 Posts: 180
Need some recipes for fruit smoothies, or vegetable ones, got a new blender and eager to try it out!

Replies

• nitau
    nitau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I dont use yogurt or milk in my smoothies, they consist of water, whey protein, sweetner and ice. I add strawberries or bananas and I use wondercocoa if I want some chocolate taste. I also use sugar free torani sweetners for different flavor.
    Some use yogurts, such as fage or chobani.
  • wendyahart
    wendyahart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just throw some fruit, frozen or fresh, whatever I have in the blender. I usually add a container of light yogurt, whatever flavor. Then I add either milk or OJ as needed to "loosen" it up. It is a great way to use up fruit that is overripe.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    This morning my smoothie had:

1 banana
    8 oz strawberry yogurt
    1 cup milk
    1 cup blueberries
    1 cup frozen strawberries

It made 3 servings at 149 calories each.
  • skinnylittleshit
    Options
    with smoothies i think it's best to just try it out and see what you like! i like carrot based smoothies and also a nice smoothie recipe is mango and ginger, i make it like this:
    2 cups frozen mango
    1 cup frozen raspberries
    1 tsp grated ginger
    1/2 cup fat free plain yoghurt
    and just whizz them all up together in the blender
  • carmanna
    Options
    I can't have dairy so my smoothies consist of:

8oz Simply OJ w/pineapple
    1 small banana
    6 frozen strawberries
  • mslh84
    mslh84 Posts: 180
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas :)
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like to use frozen berries (strawberries and blueberries are my fav) because they give you the icey consistency without watering down the flavor like using ice cubes would

My favorite is just frozen strawberries with a banana and a little juice or crystal lite
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie is one medium banana with 6 ice cubes and 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup grape juice. It's amazing how grape and banana taste together!! :-)
  • gainess
    gainess Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My favorite:

1 banana
    3 strawberries sliced
    6oz of lowfat or fat free yogurt (strawberry my fav with this one)
    1-2 packs of spelnda
    Ice
    *blend all together..mmm. mmm. good!!

My other favorite:

1 cup of frozen fruit medley (peaches, mango, pineapple, strawberries)
    6oz. of lowfat or fat free yogurt (peach my fav with this one)
    1-2 packs of splenda
    Ice

Enjoy... This is about to be my dinner tonight!
    *Blend all together... mmmm..mmm.. good!!
  • chevysarah
    Options
    I like to add a big handful of spinach to every smoothie. You cant actually taste it and it boosts your greens for the day! Sometimes the colour doesnt always look the best but its super healthy!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Just added a new link to my blog (in the Health and Fitness links on the right side of the page) called "Protein Shake Recipes." There's also another link on there that I added a while back called "12 Mind-Blowing Muscle-Building Protein Shakes." Check 'em out if you're interested in trying them! My blog is here: http://transformingabetterme.blogspot.com/

Direct links to the protein shakes are here:

Aubrie Richeson's protein shakes on bodybuilding.com: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12-mind-blowing-muscle-building-protein-shakes.html?mcid=face

Other protein shake recipes: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakes.htm

My favorites from Aubrie's link are the Coconut Twisted Julius, Muscular Mango, Almond Joy, and Snickers Mocha. I just found the other protein shake site yesterday, so I haven't tried any of those yet, but I'm definitely going to. Our new Ninja Professional blender should come in by Friday, (we burned our old crummy blender up), so I can't wait to try new stuff in my nice new blender. I printed out the recipes from Aubrie Richeson in a PDF document and taped them to the inside of my cabinet door right above the blender so that it'll always be handy. Protein shake recipes and combinations are endless. I often use frozen fruit such as blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, or mixed fruit instead of ice and I often use V8-Fusion juice too when I make up my own recipes....just enjoy experimenting!
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I like to use frozen berries (strawberries and blueberries are my fav) because they give you the icey consistency without watering down the flavor like using ice cubes would

I do that, too. Generally I use frozen fruit, greek yogurt, sometimes a banana, and a little milk.
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    Options
    I love my smoothie I have one everyday. 3 raw eggs, 1 small yogurt, 1 cup of frozen fruit and about 1/2 cup of orange juice. blend and enjoy :)

In His service
    Gerald
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The one I made today had 1 banana, 4 oz simply oj, 2 scoops protein powder and ice. It tasted like an orange creamsicle!
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I got a new blender too! I don't have any good receipes, but I love PB and banana together! I plan to use any random fruits/veggies I have so that they don't go to waste. Love my blender and can't wait to try it out with smoothies too!

Makes a hell of a mudslide though ;o)
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this, going to try my first ones in the AM. I have packets of protein powder, so I thought some lowfat milk and frozen fruit along with those will be a filling breakfast.
  • dancinonwater
    dancinonwater Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My favorite are strawberry banana smoothies! They make great afternoon snacks and also nighttime snacks (a great substitute for ice-cream!)

I put in one medium banana, 1/2 cup of strawberries, and 1/2 cup of orange juice (and a little ice). It's usually really thick, which I looove, but you can also do what u want with the strawberry/orange juice ratio. I don't do well with dairy, so I steer clear of that. It's only about 100 calories per cup, and it makes 2 cups, so its a great 200 calorie snack!
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bump, thank you :)