Dukan Diet, thinking of trying it?

Options
I just bought the dukan diet book, and considering I eat a lot of protein and things anyway, it doesn't seem like it would be that tough a diet for me to follow anyway. At 5'3 and 125lbs I've been trying for a long time to get to my goal of 107. I was wondering if anyone has tried it, how well it worked, and any other info you may have for me. Thanks!

Replies

• rana_bear
    Options
    I dont know much about it but i dont think i could go without any fruit or veg in the initial stages.
  • BarbelleBaby
    Options
    I'm currently doing it!

I'm 2 months in and have lost a stone and a half. I even managed to lose over Christmas and New Year - still having the odd treat! - by resorting back to the basics of the Dukan Principle.

I find it really easy. Meat fish and veg are my favourite things. In the first stage you just have to learn to keep enough of the required stuff in to make decent meals :)

In the second stage (which I'm in and losing at least a pound a week - often almost 2) just grab plenty of lean meat and seafood, keep eggs in and don't forget your oat bran :) It's so easy to make yummy meals once you get into it.

I could go on all day, but truth is I've been nothing but happy on it - I've never starved myself - and I never got constipation - I drank plenty and had the recommended oat bran. Apart from that just stuck to allowed foods!

Feel free to add me, I'll give you as much info as you like and you can look through my food diary - note that I changed the protein/ carb/ fat %s to what I think works - you don't have to worry about this! And sometimes my diet was a little light on calories, this isn't because I'm starving myself it' because I'm full. DO NOT think you have to eat lightly :):)

J x
  • mummychaz
    mummychaz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think you would lose those last 18lbs really quickly on the Dukan Diet and keep them off too!

I started the Dukan yesterday morning after reading the book front to back and believing in it's principles, this morning I am 1lb lighter and I know this is probably water but I am still pleased. I really believe that humans have a digestive system designed to eat meat, veg & fruit, dairy and seeds NOT techonologically processed, enhanced, chemicals and fake carbs (that all taste so yummy unfortunately). After the Attack and Cruise phase of the Dukan Diet (to get you to your true weight) it's a very healthy, balanced diet you live on with a pure protein day a week to make up for all those chemically enhanced carby foods that we will no doubt indulge in now and again.

The only thing I would say is that if you try it and it works, see it through all the way to the end and for the rest of your life as this is the real achievement - keeping off all those lbs you work so hard to lose! I am hoping and praying I can succeed at this too!

Good luck and feel free to add me if you like,

Chaz
  • KacieK1
    KacieK1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love thie diet. I'm currently in the Consolidation phase. I've lost 30 lbs. (with no plateaus) over about 3-4 months. KFC's grilled chicken and Greek yogurt with splenda were lifesavers for me.
  • startinganewleaf
    Options
    bump