Good Wii Exercising games?

Options
So far I find I move alot with Just Dance 2 but I'm looking to invest into a good exercise game. Is the biggest looser or any of those worth investing in?

Replies

• peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are looking for. I find ExerBeat to be the most fun. I also enjoy EA Active- though that one feels like a workout! Feel free to message me if you have any questions about either!
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I loved to play sword fighting on Wii sports resort, there is something very satisfying about belting Mii's over the head!!! I used to platy it for hours, now that was one hell of a workout!
    I really need to get my Wii set up again as I want to get Zumba on it!!
  • BethlovesRene
    BethlovesRene Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    curious as well...
  • khardenbergh
    Options
    My favorite is EA Active. I have some other fitness games (zumba, golds gym, a yoga game, just dance) but EA Active is the only one I've stuck with. I was given the Biggest Loser Challenge for Christmas and am curious to try it too.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Zumba..
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Zumba..
  • elizabethjk11
    Options
    I have Just Dance 1-3 and love those! I feel those give a good workout. I really want to try the Zumba one though.
  • greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    do you need to buy the Wii Fit pad thing to do any/all of these games? I got Zumba, yoga, and the Biggest Loser for Christmas, and it wasn't obvious from the packaging if I need that as well. I'm new to Wii :-)
  • jmulldome
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2 is kicking my tail right now. Good cardio and a modest selection of strength building exercises too, and it comes with a heart-rate monitor where you can see your real time heart rate on the screen while doing the exercises.
  • jmulldome
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2 is kicking my tail right now. Good cardio and a modest selection of strength building exercises too, and it comes with a heart-rate monitor where you can see your real time heart rate on the screen while doing the exercises.
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed EA Sports Active when it first came out. I've yet to try the new one, but I found it to really give you a work out unlike most other "active" games. Just mentioning this makes me want to pick up a new resistance band & get back on a 30-day EA Sports Active program. :)

Give it a glance:

http://www.easportsactiveonline.com/fitness-games
  • angelkitty401
    angelkitty401 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started doing zumba...It's great!!! It has a calender you follow and you can start out as a beginner and it advances you as you move along. Also, I like that the library of songs and different routines, so you don't get bored.

I am not a dancer at all and it is still fun.
  • jmulldome
    Options
    ...and the balance board is not mandatory. You can use it with this game if you choose to, but it is not required.
  • jmulldome
    Options
    I really enjoyed EA Sports Active when it first came out. I've yet to try the new one, but I found it to really give you a work out unlike most other "active" games. Just mentioning this makes me want to pick up a new resistance band & get back on a 30-day EA Sports Active program. :)

Give it a glance:

http://www.easportsactiveonline.com/fitness-games

EA Sports Active 2 has two different workouts, a 21 day cardio, and a 90 day challenge. I'm only a week in, and my legs are feeling it. The only complaint is that it doesn't have that many upper body or core exercises, but the level of cardio you are doing is pretty intense.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 3, Zumba, and NFL trainer.
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I really like the Just Dance games, I think the Biggest Loser is good too plus it has really good tips on what to do. I think the challenges are the best burns.

I just got Black Eyed Peas Dance experience for Christmas and I am loving it. My kids like it to.

Do you think the calorie burns are correct on this? Just curious I feel like I worked my tail off and was sweating super hard and only to burn 342 calories. What?

Thanks,

Dawn :smile:
  • Llilia17
    Llilia17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Dawn,

I agree. It seems you should burn a lot more than the wii calculates. The only way to be sure what you have actually burned during your workouts is by having one of those heart rate monitors that calculates how many calories you burn. They are expensive though. You may also be able to find a calculator online somewhere. I have a site that calculates my Zumba workouts according to weight and how hard I work out. The Zumba I have does NOT calculate calories burned during your workout. http://www.zumbacalories.com/ I go to this site and use their calculator. Just make sure you recalculate as you loose weight because it does change.

Another super fun and great way to burn calories is by playing ROCK BAND DRUMS! I love it. Yeah your sitting on your butt but let me tell you drumming burns a ton of calories. I sweat my hinny off drumming. The best part is it's super fun. You can get rockband for a couple different gaming platforms too. I have the playstation one.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit is a bit of a let down, IMHO. You can: Run in place. Do short step sessions. Hula hoop gyrations. Though the yoga parts are actually pretty nice.
    A lot of the more interesting stuff is more game than exercise, or is too slow/stops you too often.
  • gainess
    gainess Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    EA Sports and Zumba Fitness is awesome!!
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym Cardio, which is a boxing workout is pretty good. I'm not a big Zumba fan on the Wii - it doesn't do much for me. Daisy Fuentes Pilates is awful, but Wii Yoga is good (but you need the wii fit board). Wii Fit, in general, is fairly decent, but you need the newer version that lets you move from one exercise to the next rather than having to stop after each one and choose a new one.