WII FIT?

Options
My boyfriend has bought me a wii fit for christmas, has anyone on here lost any weight/toned up using this? And could you give me some tips! Thanks MFP!! x

Replies

• lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i have it, but i've never used it long enough by itself to tell if i lost any weight, but i can tell you that everytime to do the hula hoop activity on there, i get extremely sore the next day, which feels great. Definitely targets some muscles i normally dont work out.
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i have it, but i've never used it long enough by itself to tell if i lost any weight, but i can tell you that everytime to do the hula hoop activity on there, i get extremely sore the next day, which feels great. Definitely targets some muscles i normally dont work out.

Thanks hun! Ive been using it every day, even if it is just for half an hour. Just hoping it does what it says on the packet!! Ill defo try the hoola hoop one! Iv noticed the jack knife exercise to be a real burner too! x
  • jsharpnack
    jsharpnack Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    the yoga is excellent....the hula hoop is very cardio as well as toning. I've done the jogging in place but wasn't for me.....I bought zumba for the wii and it's fun and a great workout.
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thank you lovely! Ive been doing the muscle toning ones and they seem quite good. xx
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I use it to help keep track of my weight loss and also if I'm a 100-200 calories over what I want to be for the day and its too late for the gym I use the free step game and go on it while I'm watching TV. The time flies and its hardly any real effort and half an hour burns around 100 calories.
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I used the Wii Fit for two months, in combination with eating right and using a treadmill, last summer and dropped twenty pounds. So I say it works. I did Yoga for 30 min a day, the strength training exercises for 30-45, then 30 min on the treadmill. (I split it up throughout the day)

I actually ended up doing more than that by playing the Wii Fit games all the time with my kids because they love them! And the extra doesn't feel like a workout because it's fun.