I've hit a plateau (again) -- HELP!!

Options
stuck in a rut - a plateau -- ugh. I'm still working out and even changing up my workout routine -- any tips on breaking a plateau? (I've broken through them before but this one seems bad) -- I lost 96 pounds last year -- want to hit 100 first, and then want to lose another 30-40 pounds I think.... But also want to focus on toning up so I do lots of strength training in addition to cardio.... I'm trying calorie cycling -- anyone know if this works? Thanks Friends!!

*Feel free to add me or message me directly too - thanks!!!

Replies

• Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What has broken some plateaus in the past was to take a day or two off. Seriously! Eat a dinner with some friends on the weekend and just forget calorie counting and then a day or two later, go back on and weigh a few days later. Always helps me!
    Good luck!!
  • joceyofdoom
    joceyofdoom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I too have suddenly hit a plateau! Lost 16 lbs in August and Sept., took a break during my honeymoon and then got back on in November. Lost about 6 more lbs, and now I'm stuck! I've lost and gained the same 3 lbs for about three weeks now. It is INCREDIBLY frustrating!

I've tried taking a few days off and the calorie cycling. It hasn't worked for me yet.

Not very helpful response, I know (except commiseration). I look forward to seeing some good responses in here.