Weight Watcher Points vs. Calories

Options
Several years ago I lost about 40 lbs. on Weight Watchers. I haven't rejoined for money reasons. But I was just curious if anyone out there is doing both MFP and Weight Watchers and how does your calorie amount relate to your points value. I believe that I was eating in the 23-ish range of points on Weight Watchers, just wondering where that averages out to in caloire intake.

Replies

• fairylovrgrl
    Options
    That's actually a great question! I lost about 30lbs on WW about 2 yrs ago. I haven't rejoined for financial reasons as well. As of right now, I am just doing calories because I find the points restricting. If the calorie thing doesn't work out for me, then I always just go back to following WW because that's what has worked for me in the past.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    If I remember right, each point is worth approximately 50 calories, give or take some for taking into account fiber. The last time I was a member, you got like 24 points at the weight I was at plus 35 points per week to use where ever you wanted, though is was recommended you spread them out fairly evenly over the week.
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I also lost 40 pounds about two years ago but I gained it all back :noway: Now I am trying sooooo hard, but I am failing. I have to find the motivation to exercise and eat right, but I always screw up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: WHY?????????????
  • kelrob31
    kelrob31 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm right there with ya'll. I lost 100, and have gained 40 of it back. I'm tired of being bigger, but every time I try, I get SO hungry, and end up eating stuff I shouldn't eat. I did the points thing before (never officially joined WW) and that's how I lost it, but I'm having a hard time with it this time. I don't really know what to do, and I'm getting frustrated. :cry:
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    I know what really helped me was going to the meetings. There was so much support there. But it is expensive. Then I tried their online program, it's good but still not the same.

I am still waiting on an answer to my/our question. Hopefully someone out there can help.
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    you don't need to go to the WW meetings to count your points...i found a free website that calculates your points ...

http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php

here is your calculation for how many points you should be having...
    Less than 150 pounds = 18-25 Points
    150 to 174 pounds = 20-27 Points
    175 to 199 pounds = 22-29 Points
    200 to 224 pounds = 24-31 Points
    225 to 250 pounds = 26-33 Points
    Over 250 pounds = 28-35 Points

remember your 35 flex points, but i dont use them

i just started my diet today, but so far the calories this site recommends is closer to the higher number of points allowed....mine is telling me i need 1470 calories a day...i have 961 calories left for the day....but i really only have 6 points left for the day
  • sweettea84
    Options
    I did WW for about a year and lost about 30 lbs, but then gained it back. I find the point system restricting, plus there is the added step of converting calories to points. I like counting calories better because those 35 WW points are added into each day of the week, so you get to eat a little more each day.