Hi

Options
Hi there everyone. I am new to MFP. I think this site is great. I have a lot of weight to lose and i need to do this for heath reasons.Everyone seems so mottivated and hopefully that will rub off on me:smile: To get me started id love to hear all your success stories so far, and what is your best tips for me.

Thanks X:flowerforyou:

Replies

• amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I've only been here for about 2 weeks myself, but I love it! The site is very user friendly, and there are many different teams you can join to help with motivation,questions, and recipes. I joined one last week, and it has really helped me.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • PonyGirl34
    PonyGirl34 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hey!

I'm here for health reasons too! I mean...I guess we're all really losing weight to be healthier, but my Dr told me I had high cholesterol to go with the weight! UGH.

So here I am, like you.

May you be blessed with motivation and energy to keep you going!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Although i'm here for calorie counting, my hubby has been using the site for 3 months now, he also follows the Atkins diet plan, along with MFP for calorie and nutrional tools, he's managed to lose 21lbs of the 65 he needs to lose. I'll be honest with you, most of this has come from strictly food management, he does very little exercise, maybe 2 days a week, walking, that's it. He plans on getting a little more active as the weight starts to come off, and for the first time he played tennis with me without getting winded after one match...a good start. Hopefully by summer he'll be down another 10 lbs and then motivation to increase the exercise will kick in a little more. We own a yoga/fitness studio together, more my venture then his, you would think with the tools available to him he would use them, but goes to show it's an internal thing, all the help in the world can be at your disposal but it takes a commitment from within to make the changes.