aching legs

hi all,
just wondering if anyone is experiencing aching legs whilst dieting. my calf muscles and thigh muscles have been aching despite me not doing any exercise. have been told that if you wake up with leg cramp at night that you need more salt in your diet, but i dont know why i am having this.

if anyone has any suggestions as to why, things to help or your own experiences, feel free to comment

becky

Replies

• iWillDoIt183233
    iWillDoIt183233 Posts: 10 Member
    I heard salt is the issue too
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Lack of magnesium was my issue, I take a supplement now and it has totally stomped that issue out. If you go that route make sure to get a chelated magnesium citrate or chelated magnesium glycinate. The oxide version is useless and the glycinate is the best of the two I listed by far.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Aching legs I've attributed to potassium, have a banana or a sweet potato and see if that helps.

That is.. MY aching legs on advice from my grandmother who kept bananas handy for when her legs bothered her :)
  • brigitte101
    brigitte101 Posts: 20 Member
    my husband use to get muscle cramps so bad it almost made him cry. He started useing magnesium oil at night and he hasnt had one sense. magnesium relaxes your muscles.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    I second the potassium and magnesium. Especially if you've drastically increased your water intake recently.