Healthy and quick Breakfast idea's

Options
missar
missar Posts: 32 Member
Hi Everyone

I am new here and just getting into the habit of eating breakfast, which i have never done before

I dont have alot of prep time in the morning, so looking for idea's that dont take long to cook/make

I tried the search for quick breakfast idea's but there was so much to go through, so i am asking the question on here lol

what are your fav, healthy and quick breakfast ideas?

Thanks

Replies

• pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal or boil eggs the night before so I can reheat it or throw it on toast or an english muffin., fruit with greek yoghurt and nuts/granola are pretty much my midweek go to breakfasts!
  • missar
    Options
    I make oatmeal or boil eggs the night before so I can reheat it or throw it on toast or an english muffin., fruit with greek yoghurt and nuts/granola are pretty much my midweek go to breakfasts!

I love that idea of boiling eggs the night before, i will try that, thank you!!
  • garn1232
    Options
    good ideas, although it is hard for me to eat oatmeal reheated.
  • allierae14
    Options
    Take an egg and put it in a microwave safe bowl, scramble it and I put a little pepper in it.
    Cover with plastic wrap and poke some holes in it.
    Microwave for 45 seconds.
    I put a pinch of cheese on top, and recover it with the plastic wrap while my toast heats up.
    I use one piece of toast and cut it in half.

Usually have a fruit with it too.
    Takes a minute and is great.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Tall mug of coffee or nothing at all. Breakfast is a personal preference and if you're not hungry, no need to eat anything as there is no metabolic advantage to increased meal frequency
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I soak my oatmeal the night before so in the morning it takes less than 5 minutes to oook. I do 2 servings at a time (2 cups water, 1 cup whole grain oats, 1 T. plain yogurt- add to pot that you plan on cooking it in, put lid on, then just leave out on stove overnight). In the morning I add a pinch of salt, bring it to a boil, cook for about 5 minutes on medium. Then just add your mix-ins of choice. Right now mine is either raisins, cinnamon, and Stevia or canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and Stevia. Keeps me full for hours!
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I drink almond milk with Isopure zero carb protein. I throw it into a shaker and hit the road!
  • EliseEternity025427
    Options
    I used to love my toast, but as I stick to a restricted carb less diet, I dont get to have it very often.

A great alternative that i found which both satisfies my carb cravings and need for something substantial of a morning is, EMPOWER foods Low carb Wraps. THey are super cheap and only 3g carbs per wrap (to put them into perspective, you can have 6 empower low carb wraps and not get the same amount of carbs as you would out of a regular wrap. I toaste them in a sandwich press for 25 seconds on full power (Quicker than a toaster) and sread them with my favourite bread toppings, live vegemite etc. The wraps are Aussie Made and shipped. Every order over $50 is free delivery (which is great if like me you stockpile good foods, they also have healty creamy Chocolate and other goodies I miss after choosing this lifestyle. They also have recipies on their site that are great for those on low carb lifestyles or gluten free.

http://www.empowerfoods.com.au/products/?product_id=14

Another thing I used to do when I had to start really early (4am to catch a train) was to at night, place 1 cup light museli (Generally found at coles etc) and combine the museli with 2 cups of yogurt and place the mixture into airtight containers. Overnight the museli expands to twice its size (More for your cal limit) and the yogurt is a plesently sweet taste. These were great to grab heading out the door and eat in traffic or on the train. No mess as the mixture becomes quite thick the next day, and EXTREMELY Filling (being high in Fibre, Fuller for Longer ). I loved these, and wish i could have them more. Maybe on my carb Load days I will lol.

Good Luck beautiful. I know its not easy, but YOu are sooo strong willed and will get the hang of this lifestyle change.

Always here to help.

Elise
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Egg Mugs!!

Spray a big coffee mug with non stick spray, add some egg beaters, a cut up wedge of laughing cow cheese, whatever spices & diced veggies u like.. microwave for 45 secs, stir and microwave for 1 min more stir again, add a strip of precooked crumbled turkey bacon & EAT MMMMM!!!
  • EliseEternity025427
    Options
    ANother Easy recipe that can be done in advance is Frittata Muffins

They are like mini Quiches but without the crust. THey can also be frozen and defrosted in a heartbeat so great for on the go or in a hurry.

Good Combination is Fetta, steam fresh vegtables (or any blanched frozen vegtebles)with ham and toppes wth cheese

1 Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
    2 Grease a 12 capacity muffin pan.
    6 Combine beaten eggs, feta, sour cream and parmesan in a large bowl.
    7 Add vegetables to egg mixture and mix well.
    8 Pour mix into greased muffin pans.
    9 Bake in oven for about 30 minuted or until set.
    10. If you wish you can brown muffins in pan under grill for a few minutes after baking.

They can be frozen up to 3 months in an airtight container, or longer is Vaccume sealed using a food saver,

To defrost heat for 30 seconds in microwave.

I love mine without the egg yolk and with a touch of tomato sauce (Because Im Aussie lol )
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My go to's are

1 slice whole grain toast, 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter and a half of banana

0.25 trader joe's 0% plain greek yogurt, 1/2 tbsp agave nectar, 1/2 banana, 2 strawberries, 1tbsp granola

Kashi seven grain flakes with 1/2 cup skim milk

Chocoloate peanut butter protein shake(totally Nummo) If u want recipe..message me and I will send it

Berry smoothies

Whole grain english muffin with peanut butter

Whole grain muffin with 1tbsp lite cream cheese

**I try and rotate each week so I don't get board
  • missar
    Options
    Wow

Thanks heaps everyone for the great ideas!! that has just given me so much help and variety as to what i can start eating!!!

Much appreciated everyone :)
  • innerbetty
    innerbetty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I never used to be a breakfast person. At 5 am I'm not awake nevermind my stomach lol. I did train myself to do breakfast as I found that if I eat breakfast I have more energy and am less likely to want to eat junky foods. Been doing this for around 3 months and don't know how I ever functioned in the morning without it.
    I started out with a piece of toast (usually flax or sunflower flax or another whole grain) with a little peanut butter or cheeze whiz (it's kind of an addiction for me).
    Now I microwave myself an omlette (1 egg scrambled on a small plate sprayed with olive oil spray) I use a fat free cheese slice (personally full fat dairy makes me feel bloated and icky, though I'm sure real cheese rather than processed would be better) I put the omlette on one piece of toast (dry) with some hot sauce and eat it like a sandwich. Portable and takes around 1 minute to make depending on how you like your toast. I usually have a glass of skim milk with this. A tablespoon or two of salsa is a great addition to this before or after cooking.
    Quaker instant oatmeal is another one I like to have but I like to cut up fruit the night before to add to it. Again around 1 minute to make. Again with some milk.
    I see a lot of people from work wandering around before shift starts with a piece of fruit or a granola bar of some kind (I love Fiber 1 peanut butter and chocolate ones (100cal))
    1/2 cup of yogurt and a peice of fruit is also quick easy and healthy.

I find having protien for breakfast keeps me full longer. (from 5 30 to 9 am working a physical labor job) as does having a glass of milk with breakfast. My other theory on breakfast is that if my body knows it will eat at a certain time it doesn't feel the need to fill up the tank the night before. Meaning I feel less inclined to snack before bed. :)