Introducing myself for accountability

Options
Hey there!

I'm new to the site. I've been changing my unhealthy ways for about 2 months now and I've seen a 16 lb weightloss. However, I feel like I need an extra boost. My boyfriend and I have a gym membership together, but we also just ordered a set of weight training dvds that we hope to get us to another level of fitness and teach us some techniques. It looks pretty challenging, but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm telling everyone b/c I want to be held accountable!

My goal is to have before and after pics of my own so that I can inspire others. I'll tell ya....that's what really inspires me...seeing you guys on here who have lost ANY amount of weight to get healthier. I want to lose about 50 more lbs, but I'm sure that number could change if my body likes lifting weights. We'll see.
Wish me luck. Actually, luck won't do it. Wish me daily motivation! I wish you all the best. :)
~mj

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • DonzGirl
    DonzGirl Posts: 42
    Options
    YOU look beautiful...but, Im sure you will feel even better if you lose the unwanted pounds....welcome to the best site around to help you do that...just drink your water!!!!! Best wishes!
  • tcoakley
    tcoakley Posts: 27
    Options
    :smile: Welcome. This site is really great if you want to lose weight. I have lost about 30 pounds since January. Keep up the good work:happy:

95455.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Good luck, 16lbs down already! yay for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Anne1882
    Anne1882 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started to eat healthier right after i heard about this site, it makes it so easy to count those calories and eat right! When you have to be accountable it sure does help! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • sarajanen
    sarajanen Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to the site. I am so glad to have found a place to go for motivation and support. Congrats on all of your successes and keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing your stories.

I got married in september and have put on a good 12 pounds. This is alot for 5' 6"
    My clothes are no longer fitting and I feel so unhappy with my new body!! :sad:

I am on mission to get the weight off!! Glad you guys have the same goal!

:drinker:
  • Pirate
    Pirate Posts: 30
    Options
    Good Luck! I hope that you not only start strong, but continue strong. It is great you have someone to do this with. There is much more potential to continue your workout/weight loss routine when you have someone you are doing it with. That is awesome!! I believe you can do it and get rid of those extra 50lbs and gain muscle! Go Girl! :smile:
  • PFlobb
    PFlobb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm new to this site too. I am on a medically supervised weight loss plan & my Dr. sent me to this site. I need to lose about 50 lbs also. I am on a very low calorie intake for this week, so I can't start my workouts until next week. I'm really looking forward to shedding the weight for good! Good luck to everyone! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    Welcome, mj! I wish you DAILY MOTIVATION on your journey. 50lbs is nothing -- you can do it no time! :wink: I hope to see you aorund the forums!!