Shakeology

Options
Anybody out there tried Shakeology? what were you thoughts? Is it a waste of money? or does it really help with energy and diet?

Replies

• mscutup
    mscutup Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am curious too. I have been on several websites and they ALL state that it does what it is supposed to do. I am thinking of replacing my evening meal with the shake. Most times when I come home from hthe gym, I am not really hungry,but I make poor food choices.:cry:
  • sbb4406
    sbb4406 Posts: 65
    Options
    There's a huge thread about this on MFP... somewhere lol.
    I believe the general consensus was that it tastes great and is overpriced, but isn't particularly special.
  • samantha64118
    Options
    I have a friend that promotes Shakeology....she lost 95 pounds last year using it, eating better, and exercising. I really wanteed to do it, but I just couldn't afford it. I ended up going working out with a friend's trainer, who sells a similar product for less than half the cost...and her personal guarantee is that if you buy the shakes through her, she will train you 100% free for as many days a week you want. The exercise is a key part of this journey for me so I just couldn't resist that deal. Unfortunately there probably aren't a lot of trainers out there willing to give you the same deal. However, I have been using these shakes for a couple weeks and I like them a lot. They don't have as much nutrition as shakeology but they still have a lot to offer and they have increased my energy a TON. I used to be so tired all the time, never had the energy to do anything and now it's the total opposite. I'm convinced that the shakes are what has given me the ability to be able to go to the gym, and now I even getting excited to work out. I think if you can afford shakeology, go for it. If not, look into an alternative. More nutrition can't hurt :) Here's the website for what I use: http://www.visalusshakes.com/ Good luck!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Anybody out there tried Shakeology? what were you thoughts? Is it a waste of money? or does it really help with energy and diet?

Basically a waste of money since there are better products on the market for less money. Shakeology uses inferior forms of vitamins and underdoses the rest of the ingredients, so they are basically just label filler
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    Save your money! Better to just eat right....and a lot cheaper!
  • newarkco05
    Options
    This is just my opinion... Any of the shakes can do the same thing. There are tons of them at the grocery store that are cheaper. However, I don't think I would be happy replacing my meals with a shake for the rest of my life. Lets say I started having a shake everyday for lunch and it was 200 calories, then after a year I couldn't afford them anymore or this shake fad ends and the company closes and I go back to eating a 400 calorie sandwich. I would then GAIN weight because my calories were be restricted so much with the shake. This is just my opinion. I think that eating a healthy diet is much better in the long run, and cheaper.
  • tmh727
    tmh727 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have used Shakology and I agree that it is a lot of money. I hate the taste of fruits and vegetables so it is helpful to have something that helps me get the essential nuitrients. However, if there is something better out there for less money I would gladly try it.
  • tmh727
    tmh727 Posts: 4
    Options
    To Samantha64118 - I wish I knew that trainer!!!
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    thanks for all of the feedback, I appreciate it!!! still trying to decide if I want to spend that kind of $$$ for shakes/smoothies....
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    There's a huge thread about this on MFP... somewhere lol.
    I believe the general consensus was that it tastes great and is overpriced, but isn't particularly special.

yes.
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Pros: It's tastes, good its filling, nutrient dense
    Cons: really expensive, not something u can sustain for a lufetime, greenberry tastes awful, chocolate is really good but once you stop the choc shake the real sugar cravings kick in.

If you can afford it, its a great way to luck start you healthy lifestyle, but if you can't just eat healthy. But eating healthy and clean isn't cheap either.

Isn't it irritating when u ask for advice and get only," he said she said" lol
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    To samantha64118...is that trainer in the San Gabriel area of LA, Ca?
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that promotes Shakeology....she lost 95 pounds last year using it, eating better, and exercising. I really wanteed to do it, but I just couldn't afford it. I ended up going working out with a friend's trainer, who sells a similar product for less than half the cost...and her personal guarantee is that if you buy the shakes through her, she will train you 100% free for as many days a week you want. The exercise is a key part of this journey for me so I just couldn't resist that deal. Unfortunately there probably aren't a lot of trainers out there willing to give you the same deal. However, I have been using these shakes for a couple weeks and I like them a lot. They don't have as much nutrition as shakeology but they still have a lot to offer and they have increased my energy a TON. I used to be so tired all the time, never had the energy to do anything and now it's the total opposite. I'm convinced that the shakes are what has given me the ability to be able to go to the gym, and now I even getting excited to work out. I think if you can afford shakeology, go for it. If not, look into an alternative. More nutrition can't hurt :) Here's the website for what I use: http://www.visalusshakes.com/ Good luck!

Any Beachbody coach does coaching for free :)

I've drank Shakeology for 2+ yrs now. I've tried others because of the cost but was left feeling like the others weren't as filling (one, a MEAL replacement shake shouldn't be only 80calories), and I LOVED that there isn't one ingredient in this that I wouldn't feed my children. I can't say that about the other shakes (I actually looked up EVERY SINGLE INGREDIENT in anything that was recommended before).

Message me if you have questions!
  • newarkco05
    Options

Any Beachbody coach does coaching for free :)

I've drank Shakeology for 2+ yrs now. I've tried others because of the cost but was left feeling like the others weren't as filling (one, a MEAL replacement shake shouldn't be only 80calories), and I LOVED that there isn't one ingredient in this that I wouldn't feed my children. I can't say that about the other shakes (I actually looked up EVERY SINGLE INGREDIENT in anything that was recommended before).

Message me if you have questions!

I'm pretty sure she meant actually training in the gym. I'm pretty sure I could not find a Beachbody rep willing to train me in the gym for free.
  • LetYourLightShine
    Options
    Save your money! Better to just eat right....and a lot cheaper!

I agree! I'd much rather eat a low-cal meal rather than a shake. It's more filling and it's more satisfying!