Protein Bars and Muscle Gain

Options
If I eat protein bars once or twice a day as a meal replacement along with a well balanced meal; all while staying within my daily caloric intake range, would I gain too much muscle? I'm not sure if its a common misconception that protein bars equals muscle.

Other factors: Cardio and a little bit of weight lifting mostly for toning.

Replies

• sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Simple answer: No. It's actually very hard to gain muscle mass while eating at a caloric deficit. So don't worry about getting all muscly from bars with protein.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    LOL

more protein doesnt mean more muscle..its hard for anyone to gain muscle. you must be on a fairly monitored diet, eat a calorie surplus and LIFT HEAVY weights..with little to no cardio.

just eating protein wont give you muscles..plus those protien bars are usually crap. high in calories and sugars and carbs. if you are dieting to lose fat, find other sources of protien. dont supplement meals with these things. you can eat a well rounded nutrious meal for about the same amount of calories and get more out of it.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    You don't gain muscle by accident - it takes a calorie surplus and heavy lifting. No worries.