30 day shred.

Options
I would love to know how you people make it through the 30 day shred without absolutely dying? The first time I did it was horrible. I got through it, but by the end of it I was so dizzy I felt like I was either going to have a heart attack or just literally pass out. All I wanted to do was cry because it was just SO hard. Any tips? Does anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• Meech315
    Options
    Hi there! This is my first post to the forum. :-) I'm just getting back into eating healthy and exercising after a 2 year downward spiral, but I used to do the 30 day shred pretty religiously. I have to tell you that at first, it's crazy hard, but stick with it and do it EVERY DAY and it really does get easier and delivers great results! I got to where I was just fluctuating between level 2 and 3 every other day and level 1 was a piece of cake (although I just told my sister the other day that I'm afraid if I tried level 1 right now, I'd probably die. lol)

I must warn you though, the first few days you will be SORE. The worst is trying to walk downstairs, and sit on the toilet, lol. (Seriously!) But, if you stick with it then the soreness goes away and you'll feel great! :-)

Keep at it!!! It's so worth it.
  • omgzitsmiranda
    omgzitsmiranda Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there! This is my first post to the forum. :-) I'm just getting back into eating healthy and exercising after a 2 year downward spiral, but I used to do the 30 day shred pretty religiously. I have to tell you that at first, it's crazy hard, but stick with it and do it EVERY DAY and it really does get easier and delivers great results! I got to where I was just fluctuating between level 2 and 3 every other day and level 1 was a piece of cake (although I just told my sister the other day that I'm afraid if I tried level 1 right now, I'd probably die. lol)

I must warn you though, the first few days you will be SORE. The worst is trying to walk downstairs, and sit on the toilet, lol. (Seriously!) But, if you stick with it then the soreness goes away and you'll feel great! :-)

Keep at it!!! It's so worth it.

It's been a while since I've done it, but the whole dizzy feeling just shook me really bad. I didn't know if that was normal or not, but I've read other places that other people have had that feeling too. I guess I just need to do it and try it until I either die or get fit LOL.
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    It does get easier. I actually started back up today after a few months off the wagon. Usually by day 5 or 6 it feels easier. Level 2 also seems a little easier. Stick with it. It helped me tone up in no time for my wedding last Spring. Good luck!:smile:
  • kayteapot
    Options
    Hey there! I'm on day 4 of the 30 Day Shred and I am so sore right now, but at the same time I feel so much more energized already that I keep working on it everyday (even two times a day!) I am 5'4" at 200lbs, and I felt the same exact way you did on the first day. I had the knot in my stomach and just wanted to give up, but already in just a couple days I can feel a change starting to happen and I can feel my endurance building up. If you really make an effort to breathe correctly then it helps with the endurance and also helps you to focus on something other than the pain in your muscles. It will get much better in a couple days!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Ugh. The 30DS bores me to death. I don't understand how people can stick to it, either.
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ugh. The 30DS bores me to death. I don't understand how people can stick to it, either.

Honestly, it bored me too and I hated it. I started doing an exercise every day that I loved, but it was 60 minutes instead of 23. I caught myself at the 20 minute mark wishing that I had done the shred instead because it would be over by then so I decided to start it back up and partially do the workout I liked in addition on some days.

Also, I just started the shred today so if anyone would like to join my 30DS group, message me! :)
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hi pals,

have just completed 30DS for the first time. it was my first day today. i can barely walk. i can barely type. i am sweating like a horse lolx. my throat is dry. my tongue is dry. it has f... the shi... outa me. ooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffffffff. but anyway thanks to the mfp and thanks to all my group mates too. all along it was this group on my mind and i did it all to type this status right now. boy it was really hard however the feeling after having completed it is unique too. thanks pals. and wish you all the best for the rest of 29 days. keep us updated plz. kisses!
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    I thought it was pretty easy. Just started yesterday on level 1. Today I did two sessions. That was definitely harder. I was not sore today at all, but I might be tomorrow.

Good luck!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I tried to do my first day today, got 5 minutes in then died, don't suppose the migraine, extra 100lb and being a smoker helps :grumble: Hope I can get 6 minutes in tomorrow, know that's not how your supposed to do it but I think I'll have to build up to the full workout :ohwell:
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the 30 day shred I am on day 3 and I did not get up this morning to do it so I am a little sore today, it is hard but the harder you work at it the better it will be just do what you can and do your best you will make it through.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I would love to know how you people make it through the 30 day shred without absolutely dying? The first time I did it was horrible. I got through it, but by the end of it I was so dizzy I felt like I was either going to have a heart attack or just literally pass out. All I wanted to do was cry because it was just SO hard. Any tips? Does anyone else feel like this?

It is a tough workout, I completed in in October. The dizzy thing was not an issue for me BUT I have 2 friends who suffer from severe migraines, they cannot do this workout. Both of them about a week into it ended up with migraines, for one of them she was off work for a month and had numerous Dr. appt, only to find nothing.

Not sure if your dizziness is a conection or not. I just wanted to share. Pay attention to your body, being sore is normal, most of us are with this workout.
  • lkelly1123
    Options
    I started this morning and it was HARD, which, coming from a previously athletic life, I would expect. Anyone who thinks this is easy is already in good shape to start with.

When you get dizzy,I suggest that you just slow down for a minute - I noticed that if I stopped totally, I got a little dizzy, but if I kept moving a little I felt better.

Also - how are you tracking it in here? I started this morning and tried to add it my exercise diary and couldn't figure out what to enter. Any suggestions?
  • salmanajmal
    Options
    I felt sick and had light headache after i was done with it.
  • omgzitsmiranda
    omgzitsmiranda Posts: 17 Member
    Options

It is a tough workout, I completed in in October. The dizzy thing was not an issue for me BUT I have 2 friends who suffer from severe migraines, they cannot do this workout. Both of them about a week into it ended up with migraines, for one of them she was off work for a month and had numerous Dr. appt, only to find nothing.

Not sure if your dizziness is a conection or not. I just wanted to share. Pay attention to your body, being sore is normal, most of us are with this workout.

The migraines may explain why I have problems with it. I already have pretty regular migraines, I had no idea that having them could actually make those kind of things worse. I'm going to try eating before and drinking some water, but if it keeps happening, then I will probably find something else.
  • crystaltide44
    crystaltide44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As far as the dizzy thing goes, what time of day are you doing it? I noticed that my body can't handle 30DS in the morning - even if I eat breakfast first, I end up dizzy and have to stop half way through. Try doing it later in the day and after your really hydrated and see if that helps.
  • Sarahx86
    Options
    I am on day 3. Yesterday I felt soo sore but feel much better today and can already feel the work out getting easier. I don't know if I will be able to last the full 30 days though!
  • lat1997
    lat1997 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I about died the first time I did it too, but I hadn't been doing any kind of exercise before either. Give it some time, after a few months, I could do level three at the advanced pace.
  • salmanajmal
    Options
    where are the group members?