Something I learnt over Christmas

Options
Pidders89
Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
Hey all,

As all who are friends with me know at christmas time i just enjoyed myself, didn't count calories and just had what i wanted and paying for it now but i also learnt something from this that i never really believed before.

On diet/fitness shows they always say that eating healthier will affect your mood etc. and i didn't really see this before but i definatley do now!

Towards the end of my christmas pig out i was napping in the day and being really snappy with people without realising it now i am drinking all my water, eating all my fruit and veg etc. i am a lot brighter and well more myself again! and thats with a full day of work too where as i was doing nothing over christmas just sat in the chair eating!

xxxx

Replies

• marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel - i did the same thing. I didn't count my calories for a couple of weeks over christmas and just ate what i liked. Yes, i am paying for it now because i did put on some weight. I wasn't snappy with people, but definitely felt different - sluggish and tired all the time. Next christmas is going to be a healthy one!
    :o)
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    That's such a good point. I see a marked difference in my energy levels and all round mood when I'm eating well. I also noticed that if I miss a days exercise, I feel really irritated all day. Then I lack motivation to do the exercise the next day...:blushing: And so the cycle begins again.
  • HayleyDavison1
    HayleyDavison1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel the exact same!!! But im not fully back into my healthy eating/exercise again yet, just slowly easing myself back in! Cant wait to have all that energy and feel great again!!!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm glad i wasn't the only one that felt this way! :D

Hayley i'm sure you will feel great again in no time, sometimes it is better to ease yourself back into it than plunging into the deep end and failing

xxxxxx
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Since I've been eating better and getting excercise I feel 20 years younger. I have no problem sleeping at night and I feel really energised when I wake up in the morning. No more snoozing the alarm until the last possible moment.
    I feel good about myself again.
  • eiha
    eiha Posts: 27
    Options
    I totally agree I was so irritated by the end of the Christmas hols! And I know its the unhealthy diet and lack of exercise that is to blame!!!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thats a great realization! I usually do the same thing as you but not this christmas. this time of year is usually very difficult for me as i lost my dad on the 19th of december . but i decided that i wasnt going to eat like that this year and stuck to my guns so i can keep losing during the holidays. yes i did eat some stuff but i worked it into my calorie counts this year and i lost five pounds also. i barely felt blue on the 19th and i was able to remember him with joy instead of mourning. i dont know if this was really the culprit, but i assume that sugar is the devil for me as i dont feel as good when i eat a lot of it. i try not to overeat on a regular basis now as I feel so crappy afterwards that it is not worth it. we went to red lobster last night, my fav restaurant, and i had soup, salad, no biscuit, and choose to order the shrimp and scallop linguine alfredo cuz that was what i really wanted. i looked it up before we left to make sure i could afford to eat it and then put half away before i started eatin. then i only ate half of that, so one fourth of it, as the soup and salad filled me up and i wanted to eat some brownie for dessert also. so really proud of myself for the changes i am making. it takes time to change and when you realize what you have done wrong, use that information to do better next time and keep it in your memory banks for later.
  • supaflyjoy
    supaflyjoy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    SAME here. Plus I gained like 5lbs. So not worth the goodies and sitting around.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    same.. i also broke out in to loads of spots and started getting headaches.. might not be related but its the only thing thats changed :)
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump
    :wink:
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Me too!

Broke out in spots, headaches, feeling sick, TIREDNESS.. I could not go a day without a nap even though I was sleeping 12 hours at night!

So glad to be back in my routine!
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Just think - this is how we used to feel all the time. I never realised how bad I felt before because it was normal but a couple of weeks of going back to the old ways after months of feeling great soon brings it back to you
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was the same, after my 2 week 'pig out' I had put on a few kg's, and I could feel it! And yes I got very grumpy and slept a whole lot more. Feel much better only 3 days into better eating. Feel lighter with much more energy :)