Recent Gastric Bypass Surgery - looking for friends for supp

Options
Hi! I have been on and off MFP for the past couple of years, but since my recent gastric bypass surgery I am back and looking for friends to help me stay motivated and to throw a little support my way when I need it. I have 89 more pounds to lose to reach my goal. If you have a large amount of weight to lose (whether you've had GPS or not) and you are looking for some friendly support too, let's get together and help each other out!

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My name is Kim, 48, and I had intestinal bypass surgery and stomach reduction Sept. 2011. I could use some wt. loss surgery friends, too. We can all use a little encouragement and support.
  • tfrog
    tfrog Posts: 5
    Options
    I started my journey Nov. 2010 and had my GBS July 2011. I have lost my weight and maintaining. You can add me I am always looking for new ideas and foods. Remember EXERCISE!!!! start slow for me it was 10 minutes of walking at 2 MPH and now I am up to 60 minutes at 4MPH and an incline of 10 every day. I also bike and do some resistance bands three times a week. I go thru my old cook books and look to see how I can change receipes to fit in our new life style, works great and if you like to cook like I do it has made losing the weight more fun because I still get to do what I love to do and that is to cook.
  • gabesnana
    gabesnana Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your all welcome to add me I had my RNY on April 14 2011 You can add my hubby too he had his on 5/8/11 his name on here is playball1
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Here is a group that those of us who have had the surgery can get together and support and encourage one another! Hope to see you there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1402-broken-bariatric-and-needs-help
  • arcrc
    arcrc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had gastric bypass 4/11/11 and have lost 75 lbs since then. I lost 10 before the surgery. I am feeling great! I do water aerobics 4x/week and lift weights2x/week. I also started doing Pilates once a week and deep stretch yoga once a week. I also ride the stationary bike twice a week. I'd like to try zumba, but it looks like they do too much jumping for my knees... I am shooting to lose 15 more.

What are folks taking in for calories, as well as grams of protein? I get about 1000 calories and 75-80 grams of protein. My dietician is pleased with that, as long as the calories are quality choices.
  • Pinkielee81
    Pinkielee81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have my 1st. Appointment for surgery and I'm nervous....what can I expect this being the first appointment?
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I am 9 years post-op. Feel free to friend me and check out my blog at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iddreams