Funny realisation

Options
bexxgirl
bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
I picked up some groceries on the way home from work today and my bag started to feel heavier and heavier as I trudged up the hill. I was thinking "man, this must be a good workout!"

Then it occurred to me to weigh my bag when I got home - it was 4.1kgs. When I started this journey, I was carrying 5.5kgs more than I am now around ALL THE TIME.

That made me feel great. :wink:

Replies

• cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That's happened to me! Every day I lug around a 5kg laptop bag full of accessories.. and since I've started losing weight, I think about how wonderful it is that when I get home, I CAN TAKE 5KG OFF JUST LIKE THAT!

What a boost to your day :)
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I am often reminded that a gallon of milk weighs about 8 1/2 pounds. I've lost about 50 pounds. That is about 6 gallons of milk I was carrying around with me all the time!

:wink:
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    aww, what a wonderful realization :flowerforyou:
  • laineyy011
    Options
    Awesome! lol
  • shadshad
    Options
    Yes Funny....I always do that comparison with the water bottle....lol
  • jwolfdh
    jwolfdh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! i've been getting back into rock climbing and it's amazing to me that i was lugging all that extra weight up the rock face. GREAT REALIZATION and a great thing to keep in mind as you go about your day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!