Argh!! Christmas food battle..

Options
I have got I guess a common post Christmas battle, last January I started MFP I kept very focused and by December had lost around 36lbs and dropped two dress sizes then Christmas came...it started with the Christmas Party's then to Christmas, after Christmas Chocolates and there are many!!! New year's Party then the post Christmas cold (jammies and chocolates on sofa) and in all this excitement I have not logged my food, I think I have gained around 4/5lbs over Christmas and I am finding it very difficult to get back on the wagon I started the last two days with good intention and pre filled in my food diary only to come home and add what I have really eaten too much :sick: I could do with a great big kick up the butt to get back on the wagon I am disgusted at my eating but feel that the lack of motivation is out of control. Can anyone give me a kick up the bum?? failing that a few words of advice would do.

Replies

• AJWriter
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, stopped trying to watch everything about a week before Xmas as so many temptations were turning up at work. Back in my fat jeans this week :sad: and I am so angry with myself for the lack of control :mad:

Despite this I have manged to consume most of our Xmas goodie from home and am only left with the temptation of a tin and half of biscuits, 1 packet of crisps and a double shot of sloe gin.....all of which I am trying to avoid from today as I have gained around 8lb, luckily I don't weigh myself until the 19th of the month so I have got to work extra hard before then so that my counter doesn't show the added weight.

Anyway, Kym117 I am here for support as well as needing it myself. Snack options while on your diet - I can recommend Butterkist Toffee Popcorn (3g of fat in a 25g pack and good for chocolate cravings), Frootz (small pack no fat) and Weightwatchers Bacon Waffle Crisps and Cheesey Puffs (nearly as good as the real thing and again only 3g of fat per pack). Portion control has also helped, buy smaller things so that you finish them and aren't tempted as you try to leave them for the next day. Hope that helps you.

AJ
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I had trouble getting back on the wagon a couple of days ago too- the first day is the hardest. I just told myself to focus and be good just for one day. It was hard but now I'm back into the swing of things its easier again. Just focus on one day. It helped for me that most of the christmas chocolate and food has been eaten now and so most of the temptation was gone.
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks! Day two of good behaviour and I am doing well lol, AJ have you tred the light butterkist? I found it in tesco and it was yum and so sweet I could barely finish the bag :blushing: (barely as in I managed lol) I think I am going to have to donate out my crimbo cupboard I still have 3/4 tin choccy biscs, thorntons moments, 2 x after eights (biggest temp!) a dark chocolate chocolate orange and a huge tin of celebrations! not to mention my half bottle I have left of Disarono and my bottle of JD!