Bit of a technical question about TechnoGym equipment

Options
Hello,
I don't know if anyone can help so I might just have to trial and error a little but anyway:

In my gym all the cardio machines are the Technogym Excite 700 range. They have an iPod dock for playing music and watching video on their large touchscreens. I don't have an ipod but they also have a USB socket so I was wondering if I can play video from that and, if so, what format it requires. Does it need a certain file system such as FAT32 and is there a file format/size limit?

I realise this is not the ideal forum for this kind of question but this equipment is fairly common so I'm hoping someone has some experience of doing this.

Thanks,
Tim

Replies

• DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    given that their online product catalogue has the cheapest piece of kit at over £1500, i'd be inclined to ask a staff member at the gym before pluging anything into any of the ports.

Could be an expensive New Year if it all went fizzbang!! :o)
  • JulianDaley
    JulianDaley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've tried various video format files without any luck. MP3's play OK but no movies :angry:

I'd also love an answer ...
  • Robocow
    Options
    http://www.technogym.com/gb/products/confronta-versioni/10128?id_modello=4050

Says it should. (Visoweb is the brand for all the touch screens).

Its better than the precor kit, where the USB is only for service functions.
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thanks but Visioweb is actually the newer version. The ones in my gym are Excite which was the range before the latest, hence why I am having trouble getting much info. I think I'll just format the stick to Fat32 and bung a few different formats of video and music file on there and see what happens.
  • TechnogymUSA
    Options
    Hi 3Shirts,

This is a representative from Technogym USA and I would like to help answer your question. Content in the form of mp3, wma, wav, wmv MPEG2, MPEG4, DivX and jpg should be able to be used on a USB to load into the Technogym cardio machines.

Please let me know if you need further help!

Technogym USA
  • 3shirts
    Options
    Ok awesome. Nice to have an official word on this, I'll try it.
  • 3shirts
    Options
    Do you happen to also know what limitations there might be. File system, file size, and any specific codecs etc.

Thanks