That stupid stomach pooch!

Options
I have lost nearly 40 lbs and I'm getting super close (as in 7 lbs) away from my ultimate goal and this stomach pooch is NOT going away...
Has anyone lost it?
Does it ever leave?
At about what BF% did yours disappear?

tumblr_lvcufxtMQg1qg43cko1_500.jpg

Replies

• Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Your stomach is flat like seriously flat, if you're worried about the pooch (I can't really see one on you tbh) reverse crunches, leg lifts and bicycle crunches will work your stomach area and obliques.
    The reverse crunches are meant to be really good for the stomach pooch, also try doing planks and push ups to further strengthen that area.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Okay, reality check.

1. Women are supposed to have a little roundness to their stomachs. Really.

2. Your stomach looks pretty flat to me.

3. Lowering your carb intake (no idea what it is, just throwing it out there) can help pare down your overall fat, especially in the belly. Ab workouts build muscle but don't actually reduce fat in that area.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    Loss of body fat comes down to genetics and where you body likes to hold it. I am assessing that you are still over 22% body fat, so you still have room to lose a little more. It will take some stricter eating (cleaner) and exercise to burn off those last few pounds to reach it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    what stomach pooch?
    really
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    what stomach pooch?
    really

I agree! If you wanna see a pooch I'll show you mine. You have an incredibly flat stomach already. I don't think it can get much flatter...
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy with that stomach! I'm trying to get both my stomach and waist to 30", dunno if it's possible with someone saying our tummy's are meant to be a little round! I want to get in the 30" waist Levi's Igot and assumed I need to be 30" around tummy too to get in skinny girls fit!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Stomach pooch feels all squishy. It reminds me of the commercial of the Pilbury dough boy when the big finger pushes his pooch. You just know that his food is gunna make you fat. :D
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    What stomach pooch is right, you have nothing to worry about but me on the other hand, lose 289 lbs. and see what that does for a stomach pooch.... lol :-) Seriously you need not worry to much, just keep on exercising and eating right... Congratulations on the weightloss.....
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nothing to see there!
    Perhaps its just the photo but I don't see any bulge (i presume that's what you mean by "pooch", I always thought that was a dog, but I don't see one of them either).
    Don't stress about it, you've done really well. Keep up the good work and you will only continue to feel better and better.
  • ILoveFroggies
    ILoveFroggies Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Woah. Your stomach's flat as a pancake.

Be careful, and guard against distorted body image / unrealistic goals, please!

Remember, people - and in particular, women - need some fat. It performs a vital physiological function. You don't need to strive to banish it all, especially when there's not that much on you as is.
  • SophW27
    SophW27 Posts: 19
    Options
    Your stomach is amazing!
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Pooch? What pooch?! You look great! Well done.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    perhaps a picture from the side would show it... but it doesnt look like you have one, if you want a ripped stomach you need to eat clean, literally no carbs and drink water.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    were is it!! i have one and its noticable (sp?) from frount veiw your tummy looks flat as ever!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean - there were times I thought I wouldn't get off - ever. But keep doing all the things for fat loss - clean diet, heavy weight lifting, HIIT. Mine went away at about 18% body fat (flat), then abs started to show around 17%. My ultimate goal was to get to 15% but that's on hold now due to pregnancy.

I have a photo in my profile of my abs at 17% body fat if it helps. Good luck - just give it time. It was very slow at the end- lowering my BF% about 0.5% a month or so at the end.
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    I may be crazy but your 'pooch' looks like abs starting to show a little.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You do look great in your picture. Maybe try some toning up? You really don't need to lose weight.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I would do something really naughty for a tummy like yours!!! Try having two babies by c-section and being 50 pounds overweight for 20 years... THEN I can show you a tummy pooch!!! Holy stretch marks, batman!!! Seriously, I know we all have our issues with our bodies, but realistically, the only way you're going to get a six pack is with really clean eating, lowering your body fat % to an athletic level and working out like a madwoman. You're beautiful just the way you are!!!!

I'm hoping to keep my weight off and lower my body fat %, but I'll still likely need a tummy tuck to get a nice flat tummy like yours!!!!
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am really hard trying to find that pooch on your stomach :D Seriously, I mean wow...can I have you stomach? I think I know what you mean though. I think the BF plays a part in it since you can spot reduce BF. Keep on working out, cardio and strenght training, do all the above mentioned ab workouts and I am sure the "pooch" will go away :)
  • neverheavyagainconnie
    Options
    Heck! Wish my tummy looked like that!