child support payments

Options
molsongirl
molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
Ok...i'm about to burst right now!! I gotta tell someone, I have an ex husband, who had moved to Japan, to be with a lady and her 3 kids. He left me and our 4 children behind, 13 years ago. I received support payments in the beginning but they stopped after about 1.5 years, i've been back and forth to court more times then I care to remember. My husband now, father of my other 4 kids has taken on financial responsibility of my ex's 4...my ex as of May 9th was behind 82,000.00 this is only child support payments, I never sought spousal support even though I would have received it, an insane amount, he blows off birthdays, grads, you name it, doens't call, has even gone as far as to take the kids to court to terminate his parental rights, we wouldn't let him off the hook...Here's the good part, he returned to Canada in November, and the government, the FRO here..family responsibility office, which takes care of support payments on a gov level, found him, and they revoked his licensce, his passport, they froze his bank account as well as garnished his tax return. I was checking my online statement, figuring out when my new cell phone bill was coming out of the acount...when I saw a deposit for 12,411.09....I'm in total shock!!!!!

Replies

• magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    That's good to hear!!!

A lot of women never receive a single dime of child support
  • molsongirl
    Options
    That's good to hear!!!

A lot of women never receive a single dime of child support

I'm sure if it weren't for them taking his license and passport and the garnsihment, I would have been one of them....he would have hidden forever.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you are one of the lucky few that actually gets the money! That is really good, its a shame how some men just don't care.
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    congrats on your good news!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    See..................good things DO happen to good people. After all you have been through, someone up above is watching out for you. It's called KARMA. Good for you!!!!

Memaw
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes!!! I can't wait for you to see the rest of that money, even if it's a few bucks for the rest of his sleazy life!!!

My dad never paid so they took his TWO speed boats and gave them to my mom. She sold them for less than he owed to her, but it gave her cash on hand. And who needs TWO speed boats?
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow, it is good to hear that someone actually gets these guys sometimes. I am sure that money will come in handy for you and your family.
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Thanks memaw, it's going to put braces on two kids to start, summer camp for sure, dance lessons....it doesn't compensate for him being an a-hole to his kids but it will definitely alleviate a few bills, since i've been out of comission for a little awhile and for a few more weeks to come.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yay!! What a nice surprise :drinker: I'm so glad you finally got some of the $ you should have had all along. :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    That's great news! Glad you've not given up - you are an amazing women to keep pushing on for your kids....
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes!!! I can't wait for you to see the rest of that money, even if it's a few bucks for the rest of his sleazy life!!!

My dad never paid so they took his TWO speed boats and gave them to my mom. She sold them for less than he owed to her, but it gave her cash on hand. And who needs TWO speed boats?

That must have made him nuts!! good! these guys just don't get it!!!, when we separated, I asked him the kids boxes of shoes...amidst many other things, he gave me back two garbage bags, with all of our shoes, boots, and skates, but all left shoes, he had thrown out the right ones..how juvenile!?..we laugh about it now, wasn't so funny then when I didn't have two pennies to rub together living in a shelter for battered women.....my new hubby was my divorce lawyers junior law assisant!
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    Good for you!!!! My biological father did the same thing to my mom... he STILL owes her money and I don't even want to know how much.... but I know it's ALOT.... I'm happy for you... I know from my mom's experience that's is HARD to raise children on your own without any support.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    This makes me FILARKIN happy. I am so glad that he is getting what he has coming.....shocking that he could just leave his babies like that....not like he had just 1 child and not like that would be an excuse, but he had a large "Family"......these kinda men piss me off........really bad......who teaches men to be this way????? That person needs a knock in the noggin if you ask me.....................and this brings me to my happiness! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL!!!!!!! I hope those deposits just keep coming in........go buy yourself something INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! Go buy your kids something GREAT....

I like when bad things happen to bad people........but love when good things happen to Great people!

God bless mom's :flowerforyou:
  • Scottslass
    Scottslass Posts: 76
    Options
    The father of my children left me and married someone else with 2 boys. I have never recieved a penny from him in child support. His new wifes sons get everything they want and they always have good Christmas's birthday's etc. What do my kids get ......................absolutly NOTHING!!!!!! It makes me really mad. Everything they have i have struggled to get them. I do without so they have everything they need and to make sure they are happy. Luckily my kids have grown up to be decent happy and hard working (they are now 19 & 17)
    Fathers should be made to pay for their kids weither they are in the home or not!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow, that's great Molson! I had no idea that there was such an agency in Canada... now that's what I call the government working for you!
  • molsongirl
    Options
    The father of my children left me and married someone else with 2 boys. I have never recieved a penny from him in child support. His new wifes sons get everything they want and they always have good Christmas's birthday's etc. What do my kids get ......................absolutly NOTHING!!!!!! It makes me really mad. Everything they have i have struggled to get them. I do without so they have everything they need and to make sure they are happy. Luckily my kids have grown up to be decent happy and hard working (they are now 19 & 17)
    Fathers should be made to pay for their kids weither they are in the home or not!!!!
    :flowerforyou:

I know what you mean, he had no problem raising another womans kids in another country, and it's like mine just fell off the face of the earth. He gave me strength though, I didn't realize how strong I was, how much of a provider I could be....and being not focused on being angry at him, allowed me to find a wonderful man, who takes me warts and all.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    ^^^^555555-ers! Good for you!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I'm a single mom and never received child support for my daughter and very little for my son. I'm so happy to know that your kids are getting some of what they deserve. :happy: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Ok...i'm about to burst right now!! I gotta tell someone, I have an ex husband, who had moved to Japan, to be with a lady and her 3 kids. He left me and our 4 children behind, 13 years ago. I received support payments in the beginning but they stopped after about 1.5 years, i've been back and forth to court more times then I care to remember. My husband now, father of my other 4 kids has taken on financial responsibility of my ex's 4...my ex as of May 9th was behind 82,000.00 this is only child support payments, I never sought spousal support even though I would have received it, an insane amount, he blows off birthdays, grads, you name it, doens't call, has even gone as far as to take the kids to court to terminate his parental rights, we wouldn't let him off the hook...Here's the good part, he returned to Canada in November, and the government, the FRO here..family responsibility office, which takes care of support payments on a gov level, found him, and they revoked his licensce, his passport, they froze his bank account as well as garnished his tax return. I was checking my online statement, figuring out when my new cell phone bill was coming out of the acount...when I saw a deposit for 12,411.09....I'm in total shock!!!!!

You go girl!!! That is awesome news!
    You look great, by the way! 8 kids...wow, our very own octo-mom, only less annoying and with perfect lips! 8)
  • elizabethlagudo
    Options
    My ex always said he wasn't going to pay me a dime in child support, which he didn't for a while. I guess he didn't know that when you decide to go on unemployment they take 50% of it to pay child support.. I love it!! The amount that is taken out isn't even close to what he owes but I am happy with it. Since he doesn't pay the full amount it still keeps adding up and going to arrears. He alreadys owes over 5,000 and my son is only going to be turning 2 in August.