My first 10 lbs down

Options
Sorry, but no pics. I don't want people I know outside of MFP tracking me down.

I've lost my first 10 lbs of the 80 that I want to lose. So far it has went way smoother and faster than I thought it would. I'm sure that as I make more progress, things will slow down. I'm a little concerned losing too much too quickly and experiencing the loose skin phenomenon. I need to do some research so that I'm better informed about it. Anyway, when I reach a plateau, someone remind me of how easy I flew through the first 10 lbs and tell me to quit whining. :)

It feels really good to have made some progress. My favorite shirt no longer feels like it's bordering on too tight to wear. I've moved down a belt loop and even that one feels a little loose at times.

I plan to reward myself for every 10 lbs that I lose. I have nothing planned at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions? No food-based rewards, please.

Fair warning: If you post in my thread, you're getting a friend request.

Replies

• MayaNelson
    Options
    Random Dude!
    Way to Go - WHOO HOO, excellent!

Rewards - I tend to prefer a massage, manicure/pedicure :) Maybe also a trip to a show, movie, play, event that you like?
    Take a road-trip ?

Maya
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    First of all, fantastic job at hitting your first 10 lb. goal. I've watched how hard you've been working! As for rewards, as long as they aren't food related. :} Hm, what sort of things do you like?
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    How about putting 10 single dollars in a jar, and then keep adding to it. Maybe save for a weekend getaway?
  • eventing07
    Options
    Way to go! I think rewarding yourself with healthy things is the way to go! Massages, new work out apparel, hiking trip or other active trip, new clothes, hair cut, makeover, healthy cooking classes, books that will encourage you along your journey, I've received gift cards for Christmas that I won't use until I reach a certain loss. As your clothes get bigger on you reward yourself by getting rid of them! I lost weight prior to joining on here and that was something that became very important first as a reward and 2nd as a conscious decision that I will never go back to where I was. On the skin issue: from what I understand that typically will be worse if you are not exercising. It's important to have toning exercises. Also after you lose your weight I have been told to give your body some time and skin will go back with proper exercise. Keep going! I am so excited for you!
  • kbeller88
    kbeller88 Posts: 139
    Options
    awesome job!! you know the best way to celebrate a victory like that? go to the story and find something that is your goal wieght ...like ur 80 lbs = $80 set back $10 towards your prize for losing all the wieght. thats what I'm doin. I'm set to lose 150 and I've set back 10 so far...not sure what I'm going to get just yet but its gunna be awesome!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I think rewarding yourself with healthy things is the way to go! Massages, new work out apparel, hiking trip or other active trip, new clothes, hair cut, makeover, healthy cooking classes, books that will encourage you along your journey, I've received gift cards for Christmas that I won't use until I reach a certain loss. As your clothes get bigger on you reward yourself by getting rid of them! I lost weight prior to joining on here and that was something that became very important first as a reward and 2nd as a conscious decision that I will never go back to where I was. On the skin issue: from what I understand that typically will be worse if you are not exercising. It's important to have toning exercises. Also after you lose your weight I have been told to give your body some time and skin will go back with proper exercise. Keep going! I am so excited for you!

Oh! Clothes is a great idea. You'll need them, but you'll also love the boost of confidence they give you when you can fit into a smaller size. You'll get to look all pimpin' too. :}
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The first 10 pounds were so exciting to lose! So, good job! Mine came off easier than expected due to the change in diet and increased activity levels. The pounds off have slowed slightly after that.

Don't reward yourself with food. I have been working on making a seperation between food and emotions. So when I'm upset I don't think "I just need some chocolate" or when I have met a goal, "Oh, good now I get to eat...". This is still a struggle but I think will result in helping keep the weight off. I have been saving a dollar a pound, so that when I reach my goal weight I can go shopping and get great new clothes. It isn't fun to have to take a dollar out of the jar because you gained a pound.

Great job on the 10 pounds.
  • Timeformyself
    Timeformyself Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. I am just starting out and putting a dollar in a jar for later on sounds fantastic!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Buy tickets to an event with your wife out on the town?
    This one may sound silly but sign up for a race (can be costly! i use this as rewards for many diff things in my life LOL)
    I reward myself with clothes as well, exercise ones usually, or any kind of exercise related gadget that i want...
    Wow mine are so boring! haha =)
  • SouthernBelleSB
    Options
    :smooched: Congrats on the weight loss!! I plan to reward myself with $5-$10 for every pound lost. That way, when you start seeing the result you can use your little stash of cash to buy yourself a smaller shirt or a smaller size pants....
  • RandomDude50
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'm sure I'll come up with something to reward myself with.
  • Andr1Kar
    Andr1Kar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first 10 pounds! I just hit that myself and it feels amazing! I just bought myself some new slippers. I know it sounds not very exciting but I think sometimes and I just put off the necessities. My next 10 pounds will be a set of ramekins for the kitchen whoo hoo!
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yep, just hit 10 lbs myself!! Doesn't it feel good?? I'm gonna reward myself by losing the next 10. :drinker: Here's to all our 10 lb successes :flowerforyou:
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    excellent job! I'm almost down my first 10..and it feels great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!