Clothe Sizes

Options
Clothes Sizes
What is up with this?

I tried on some 32 pants and...
THEY FIT!!!!!
Yip Yip Yip YAHOO!

I am now in size 32....NOT!!!!---:explode:
We've become such a nation of fatties that even the clothing manufactures are in on the scam.

I broke out my real size 32, and it was like trying to fit sausage into hog intestine....

We have lied to ourselves and now have willing accomplices in the mall selling us vanity sized clothing.
No wonder we have such an epidemic of obesity.

Replies

• DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    yep, and this politically correct bs bothers the hell out of me.

"oh, hes not fat, hes just thick, hes big boned"

everythign is sugarcoated, and some parents are killing their kids. people arent seeing the problem with obesity they dont even recognize that their children are obese.

my brother is a perfect example of this, hes 18, has a fatty liver, hes 5'6" and about 205 of pure fat.
    my mom said "well, if anything maybe he should lose about 10-15 pounds"

i was 5'7" at 210. my parents freaked out when i said i wanted to get down to 150. i heard from everyone "oh nooo thats too much! you will look sick!"

well, im 154, i dont look sick. i look better than ive ever looked. for me its not about the weight, its about the body fat percentage.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    so what youre telling me is that Im not a size 8?
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I always notice that forein cloths dont match up to domestic sizes. USA is still standard and most of the world uses metric LOL dunno..... ¿?

Edit: Wait I might have got it. Maybe your 32's you think are 32's are really not 32's at all?
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    When I started I was an 18 and thought it would be great to be in an 8! Now I'm down to a 10 and guess what, it isn't about the size at all! And that's what I told my trainer when I started, yeah I had a "weight" in mind but it is so much more about being healthy and feeling good about how I look. I wish people would look more at if they are healthy than obsess about a number.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    When I started I was an 18 and thought it would be great to be in an 8! Now I'm down to a 10 and guess what, it isn't about the size at all! And that's what I told my trainer when I started, yeah I had a "weight" in mind but it is so much more about being healthy and feeling good about how I look. I wish people would look more at if they are healthy than obsess about a number.

So its not about the size, but its about how good it feels.. Gotcha!! :)
  • lackofnames3
    lackofnames3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LAne bryant now does single number sizes for their pants..I never thought Id be in a 3, lol
  • Fellulah
    Options
    I could lose a dress size just by moving from the UK to the US :)
  • jsteffen80
    Options
    Yeah, it's been like that for a long time. Some brands are a lot closer to correct inch measurement than others. Even most of the ones that are close still run large.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

I agree,
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    if you think that men's sizes are a big lie, ladies's sizes are a joke! You could wear a 10 in one brand and a 12 in another. They aren't uniform at all.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options

So its not about the size, but its about how good it feels.. Gotcha!! :)

I feel great, more energy, my health is much better, migraines are pretty much gone, fibromyalgia is gone, joints don't hurt. The looking great and smaller sizes are just a bonus. Now with that said my confidence went through the roof and I won't lie it's nice when people notice and ask how much weight I've lost but again for me, it's not about the number.
  • gixy72
    gixy72 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i had some black trousers uk size 18s that were hanging off me so i bought some 16s and they looked brill, bought a few other pairs one with pin strip and the other kick flare and they went no where near, and they were the same make from the same shop, when i put all 3 pairs of trousers on top of each other there is upto a 2 in diffrence from the smallest to the ones that fitted..
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yup.
    that's why all thru my heavy stage I loved the gap.
    Nowhere else was I a 6 but at the gap.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Clothes Sizes
    What is up with this?

I tried on some 32 pants and...
    THEY FIT!!!!!
    Yip Yip Yip YAHOO!

I am now in size 32....NOT!!!!---:explode:
    We've become such a nation of fatties that even the clothing manufactures are in on the scam.

I broke out my real size 32, and it was like trying to fit sausage into hog intestine....

We have lied to ourselves and now have willing accomplices in the mall selling us vanity sized clothing.
    No wonder we have such an epidemic of obesity.

This is so true.

Years ago, a size 12 in the UK was a 36 inch hips, now it is 38-40 inches. A size 12 waist was 24", now it is 28".

In fact, to have a 24" waist now, would be a size 8 UK size!

This was done, I am convinced to try and appease the general public, because they have gradually been getting larger over the years.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am glad not to be the only one perturbed by this trend.
  • Nicktemt
    Options
    In Jeans, I usually wear size 32" because they're more comfortable when they're loose. But in shorts I wear a size 30", otherwise they fall off my *kitten*.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It's even tougher for women when you factor hips and a smaller waist into the equation. Some pants fit my hips but gap in the waist, or fit my waist but are too tight in the hips. I am generally a US size 8 but I have a pair of size 6 jeans that fit in the hips and are big in the waist, as well as a pair of size 10s that are fairly snug in the waist and hips.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this recently too. Went out and bought myself some new Levi's since like a dummy I had given away all my smaller sizes awhile back. Well I fit into a size 12 just perfectly, so I was happy about that since I had gotten as big as a size 16 at my heaviest. Then later while digging in my closet I found a couple pairs of older Levi's that I forgot I had and they were both size 14. They fit just about the same as the newer 12's. Hmmmm.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    It's happening everywhere not just clothes. been to a hospital lately? take a look at the wheelchairs...most are "oversized" or heavy duty so that larger patients can be accomodated.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It's happening everywhere not just clothes. been to a hospital lately? take a look at the wheelchairs...most are "oversized" or heavy duty so that larger patients can be accomodated.

WOW i did not think about that!!

thats crazy! and i bet the average person needing that wheelchair needs the oversided or heavy duty.. how sad :(

and unfortunately this BIGGER thing about all of this is considered "normal"