Christmas Weight Gain?

Options
Hello!

Not sure if there's already a topic like this, so apologies if there is. Just thought we could all share how much weight we'd gained over Christmas!

I was naughty for two weeks, and when I stepped on the scales yesterday it said that I'd gained 3lbs. I had a really healthy day and some exercise, and this morning it said that two of those pounds have now gone. So I'm happy with that as it was obviously mostly water retention.

How about you? What's the damage?

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    About 3 pounds....depends on which day I weighed that you want to use! :wink:
    Am wanting to get down about 10 pounds from where I am as of today. I WILL do this! Recommitment is my goal for 2012.
    Kaye
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I was off track for two weeks too. We were visiting family and staying in other people's houses and I found it very difficult to stay on track with eating. We went out to eat way too much--we don't eat out much when we are at home. I wasn't able to log calories. I had great intentions to continue exercising---but I ended up only running three days.

When I got back home the scale was up 6lbs. I'm not sure how much/if any of that was from sodium/water retention. I'm still up 5lbs and I've been home and back on track for 2.5 days.

It's a lesson though. It's frustrating to be set back and have to lose those pounds again. I will absolutely do better on our next trip this summer.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This morning I stepped on the scales and they said that I am back to my pre-Christmas weight which is 12 stone 10lbs! So only 10lbs to go until I am a normal BMI!

Going to do a fitness DVD this afternoon in the hope that it helps me to beat the bulge a little bit! :D Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same weight as before Christmas, which is surprising considering I basically went on a week-long food binge while staying with various family members.
    I think I must have eaten my body weight in cookies...
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    actually just 3 lbs, in which 2 are allready gone. :) So all in all, not bad...
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    7lbs gained, 5 gone from yesterday to today so hoping tomorrow wil be good lol. currently up 2lbs from 10 days ago
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    7lbs gained, 5 gone from yesterday to today so hoping tomorrow wil be good lol. currently up 2lbs from 10 days ago
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I've been practicing a policy of avoidance when it comes to scales since Christmas...I can tell in the way my clothes fit and the way I look that there's some added padding but it's a new year right?? :drinker:
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    4 gained - down to 3 gained - nit weighed myself yet this week so i hope some of that has also gone.... fingers crossed!!! ive been way too bad!!!!! :(

ps - im scared to weigh in!
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was off track for two weeks too. We were visiting family and staying in other people's houses and I found it very difficult to stay on track with eating. We went out to eat way too much--we don't eat out much when we are at home. I wasn't able to log calories. I had great intentions to continue exercising---but I ended up only running three days.

When I got back home the scale was up 6lbs. I'm not sure how much/if any of that was from sodium/water retention. I'm still up 5lbs and I've been home and back on track for 2.5 days.

It's a lesson though. It's frustrating to be set back and have to lose those pounds again. I will absolutely do better on our next trip this summer.

This is about the same for me. I was off track for about 2 weeks. When I weighed in on Monday, it said a gain of 3 lbs, however this morning when I weighed in, I was up 5 lbs. Not sure what's going on considering I have been really good since Monday and worked out each day. I think I just have to give it some time to show a loss.
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    LOST 2 POUNDS :happy:
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    12 lbs. gained (yeah, you read right...SMH) - lost 2 so far. I practically didn't log, didn't work out and ate too much the entire month of December (...sigh...)
  • AmyJ_N4
    Options
    After 2 weeks of 3 course dinners (and the rest!) I have been too scared to get on the scales. Back on the wagon this week and so I will weigh in for the first time on Friday - hoping this will reduce the damage by a pound or two.

Pleased to see most people haven't put on too much - hoping I'm in the same boat as you!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I gained SEVEN pounds. We went to New Orleans (Hubby and me) and went all out with the big dinners and cocktails. Then I was at my inlaws and they are both obese. Tons of treats everywhere and eating out all the time. It was my downfall. I make my house set up for success so I don't have cookies and cakes everywhere because I know I'll eat them. Having them around at EVERY CORNER killed me. :-( I'm hoping it won't take months to lose this again.
  • JeanineLaymon1970
    JeanineLaymon1970 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    6 gained, but I have lost it since then... The holiday buffets were killer!
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I think I gained, give or take, 10. =/ I had some good days...and then I had some really really bad days. But, I've lost 4 of it so far!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    6lbs up. I kept up the exercise but ate and drank everything in sight and generally stopped logging at lunchtime. Will see on Friday if I've lost anything.
  • ash1976
    ash1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    About 3.5 lbs, which i didn't think was too bad considering the over indulgence and lack of exercise!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 1-3 lbs gained. It was hard. We were travelling and in other people's homes where sometimes I just didn't have a choice about what I ate or how it was prepared. I didn't go overboard on sweets, but I definitely realized that other people don't eat half as many vegetables as I do. :/

So I didn't log and I had just had surgery (twice in December) so I wasn't able to work out all month. Almost to the point where I'll be healed enough to start working out again, so I joined Gym-pact and signed up to run a 10K on March 31. :)
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    Gained about 4 pounds over December. COntinued logging throughout the 2 week period but probably didn't accurately log every last bit of chocolate that got eaten. However, the process of logging kept me more on track than if I wasn't logging and I probably went over a lot less than I would have otherwise. I kind of figured it's important not to get obsessive and to have some fun with food at Christmas, but to keep it somewhat in check so I don't undo all the good work. I didn't exercise much either and I'm feeling it today after my first wheelchiar basketball session in 2 weeks last night - stiff shoulders or what?! Anyway my clothes still fit and I'm back on track now so it feels OK.