Did I just mess up my diet for the day?

Options
Hi,

I think I just made a boo-boo.:sad:

For lunch I've just had two fresh trout that needed to be eaten or thrown away. I've come to put ot on my food diary and have just had a shock as my protein total has shot up a long way past my daily allowance. I'm hoping that I put it in wrong on my diary.

Before I cooked them I weighed them and they weighed 820kg I know it's a lot but I thought it's ok as fish is good for you and I'm only having salad with it.

I selected Fish - Trout, rainbow, wild, cooked dry heat. then selected 8.2 of 100g which I think is right. 8.2x100=820

When it was added to my diary it was 1,230 calories (that's well within my allowance) :smile: 0 carbs :smile: 48 fat (high but within my allowance) :smile: and protein 188 :noway: I have read that MFP are low on their protein and some people allow up to 100 but I'm well past that, my allowance is 95.

I'm well within my boundaries of everything else I still have an remaining 1,007 cals 309 carbs 25 fat protien -105 (:sad: )

As I have no idea what I'm doing, don't understand carbs, protien etc I'm thinking about not bother eating anything else today. I'm lucky because I don't get hunger pangs and can skip meals. Not eating three meals a day is one of the reasons I'm the size i am. It messes with the metabolism. but never mind it's only one day I can start again tomorrow,

Am I over reacting and the high protein of 200 for the entire day isn't as bad as I think it is?

I feel like going to bed and throwing the covers over my head and calling it a day for today. :cry:

Thanks for any replies.

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    The high protein for one day is not going to be an issue.

It's more important to make sure you are eating enough calories.

So eat. And enjoy.
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well if you think you ate too much, just go for a nice long walk ... that should burn something ...
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Your body can only process so much protein a day, the rest it dumps.. so if you go past it I wouldn't sweat it... Just do better tomorrow.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    going over on protein shouldnt cause you any problems. also 1.8kg raw weight will not be 1.8kg cooked weight, meats / fish generally weigh less after cooking so you probably ate less than you think too :)
  • lisank81
    lisank81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did you weight with the bones and skin though?
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    I think you should be fine my protien intake is always high, if you think you over ate just go off the hight numbers and burn it off at the gym, in the end you will be under your calorie goal because you over estimated on the calories and burnt it off. someone correct me if am wrong....
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    according to the USDA if the fish was raw when you weighed them the values should be Cals:976, Protein:168, Fat:28.37

which is a bit better
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies.:smile:

I can't get to the gym thisafternoon but am doing a mass tidying up so will be active on my feet with some bending all afternoon so will burn a few calories,

I did weigh it with the bones and skin, but trout doesn't have lots of big bones. I never thought whether I should be eating the skin. I don't eat chicken skin, but just assumed fish skin was OK. I so have no idea what I'm doing! :tongue:

I can't believe how disappointed and upset it made me feel. I think it's because althoughy my weekly weigh-in day is Sunday (as i started my diet and attempt to get fit last Sunday) I got on the scales this morning and it said I had lost 4lb. It's bound to go up and down between now and Sunday but I told myself I may still be in credit and have a weight loss of some kind on Sunday for my first official weigh-in.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I aim for 130g of protein per day and it's been really helping with losses. You will be fine. Stay within your calories for the rest of the day and "earn" more if you need to.
  • TrudyJo195
    Options
    You did fine and don't skip meals. It's important to eat three meals a day. It will jump start your metabolism if you eat breakfest. :smile:
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    the high protein will help with weight loss from what i have been reading... you can also try B-12 also, it will help with your metabolism, boost your energy and keep you focus. Drink 8 cups of water or more if you can and walk on the tread mill for as long as you can or aim for a calorie number and stay on until you hit that number..... imo
  • tpenha
    tpenha Posts: 19
    Options
    Your high protein wont hurt your weightloss, it will actually help you. Your body will dump wont it dont need. Just dont go over your calories or your fat intake.