Did anyone else screw up Xmas?

Options
Okay, over Christmas I have put on six pounds.

Yes. I went home for Xmas. As i gained half a stone last year and the year before over Xmas, I promised myself that this year it would be different, but it wasn’t. I was 106.8 before Christmas (my ideal weight), and this morning i was 112.2...

I was maintaining at 105-108lbs (I’m 5’0) before Christmas after losing 25lbs over two years. So I now need to lose four pounds, and hopefully then the extra two pounds afterwards (its nice to have a buffer zone). I know it’s stupid and my lifestyle should have changed, but it has… when I’m not at home. I just don’t control portion sizes or what I eat at my mother’s. It gets put on my plate and I am expected to finish everything that is there...

I need to seriously get back on track, but I need some serious motivation and help…

I’ve been eating 2000-3000 calories a day for two weeks as standard, but this morning, I hopped on the scales and it read 112.2. I haven’t been over eight stone in ages - over six months and it’s when I go over eight stone that I start really panicking. So I'm panicking.

Any help for resisting my favourite home cooked puddings (cherry pie… a pudding is made every two days as normal…). And for when i get home - on Monday, any tips on diet plans and how to stick to them...

Replies

• zombiefruit
    Options
    Don't think of it as screwing up... Think of it as having Christmas. Fluctuations of a few pounds here or there are normal and happen to everyone; in a normal life there will be times when you eat more and times when you eat less.

I know for me, if I think of it as failing or messing up, I'm much less motivated than when I think of it - AND getting back on track - as part of a normal life.