NEW GROUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!!!!!! (is it just me, of is the time zone waaaaay off? Well, i guess it depends on where you live). Anyway, yesterday I went 700 cals over, and that's including exercise!:explode:

I will try to do better today. As for a name for our group . . . how about the Woggers? (Walkers/Joggers) That is such a cool word, but doesn't it sound like some kid show? :laugh: ITSSSS THE WOGGER SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!!!!!! (is it just me, of is the time zone waaaaay off? Well, i guess it depends on where you live). Anyway, yesterday I went 700 cals over, and that's including exercise!:explode:

I will try to do better today. As for a name for our group . . . how about the Woggers? (Walkers/Joggers) That is such a cool word, but doesn't it sound like some kid show? :laugh: ITSSSS THE WOGGER SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

:tongue: :tongue:

THE WOGGERS! It's corny but I like it. Vote #1. :drinker:

Are we gonna just put together how this thing is gonna work? Like, we walk such and such minutes then run such and such minutes, etc. or are we gonna wing it? I'm doing a 16 minute mile right now. I'd like to better that time. I need motivation! :sad:
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I like the Woggers..lol.. does sound like a kids show...but u got my vote :smile:
    211014.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I will start a "Woggers" thread tomorrow then. Looks like we're all at different fitness levels, so what some may find challenging, others won't, you know what I mean?
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Bree - love your hair! Naturally wavy/curly? Mine, too, but I can't get it to look that way. Love it!
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bree - love your hair! Naturally wavy/curly? Mine, too, but I can't get it to look that way. Love it!

Awww, thank you... it's naturally curly, and i never put anything in it to look that way, jus natural. But your hair looks easier to manage than mine, i love it.
  • abuelita60
    abuelita60 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I like the name, I didn't do my morning walk this a.m., had to take my son to the doctor then took him to school, 2 1/2 hours later had to go pick him up because the school nurse said he was running a fever. I did OK on calories for breakfast, right now I'm trying to figure out what to have for lunch.....
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    I will start a "Woggers" thread tomorrow then. Looks like we're all at different fitness levels, so what some may find challenging, others won't, you know what I mean?

Hmm. Not sure. I hadn't thought of the different levels. Any suggestions? I'll think about it, too.
  • genmilan
    genmilan Posts: 11
    Options
    Just wondering every time right before i work out I feel really tired! :yawn: Is there anything I can do to change that so I can just do my work out and be more active???
  • baby_gyrlamc
    Options
    I am a mother of three and want to get my body back. I need some motivation. I like walking and am trying to get myself into running. I would love to join this group if you would have me. Thanks
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Great to see how more people want to get into running. I usually only walk myself, but today I tried the Couch to 5K Challenge, Day 1, and I didn't even get out of breath like I thought I would! Is 5 mph a good jogging pace or should I do a faster speed?

Hey, gfatfree . . . it may have to do with what time you're working out. I usually don't do any exercise past 8:30 or 9:00 pm. Oh, and if your main focus is cardio, do that first, not strength training. Or it may be that you're doing too vigorous of a warm-up. You want to save your energy so you can accomplish your goals.

P. S. Welcome to the Woggers, baby_gyrlamc!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • genmilan
    genmilan Posts: 11
    Options
    Now that I think about it I should be doing cardio first. Thanks! :smile:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Just wondering every time right before i work out I feel really tired! :yawn: Is there anything I can do to change that so I can just do my work out and be more active???

I used to be like that. I started psyching my self up with really energetic music, dancing around, you know, really just letting go of the stresses of the day and putting myself in a good mindset. After a few songs, I wasn't tired and, since I did that, I don't feel tired anymore when starting my workout. I guess you could call it the pre-workout workout! :bigsmile:

Hope this help and WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!
    :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    I am a mother of three and want to get my body back. I need some motivation. I like walking and am trying to get myself into running. I would love to join this group if you would have me. Thanks

:flowerforyou: WELCOME! THE MORE THE MERRIER! Check in everyday and soon you'll be hooked! I keep mine up on my netbook all the time! Feel the love!

:glasses: :heart:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Great to see how more people want to get into running. I usually only walk myself, but today I tried the Couch to 5K Challenge, Day 1, and I didn't even get out of breath like I thought I would! Is 5 mph a good jogging pace or should I do a faster speed?

Hey, gfatfree . . . it may have to do with what time you're working out. I usually don't do any exercise past 8:30 or 9:00 pm. Oh, and if your main focus is cardio, do that first, not strength training. Or it may be that you're doing too vigorous of a warm-up. You want to save your energy so you can accomplish your goals.

What the "Couch to 5K Challenge?" Also, 5 mph? For how long at a time and what distance?
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Starting the Woggers official thread today . . . :happy::happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • fitgal411
    Options

What the "Couch to 5K Challenge?" Also, 5 mph? For how long at a time and what distance?

I will be running a 5K (or trying to) this summer, so I'm starting this running plan:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

If I run 5 mph for a 5K, is that too slow?
  • Ahmee2034
    Options

Awww, thank you... it's naturally curly, and i never put anything in it to look that way, jus natural. But your hair looks easier to manage than mine, i love it.

Thanks. Mine is shorter than your's is. It was longer but I couldn't manage it.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    The new thread should be up in a few minutes . . . SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    THE NEW THREAD IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/53718-woggers-team-join-us

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: