Egg Scramble ideas

Options
Ok, so Taco Johns here in town makes this awesome egg scramble consisting of:
Eggs
Bacon
Onion
Green/Red Peppers
Cheese
Has potato ole's in it but I don't exactly like them....

So I was pondering making something like this myself in the mornings but I'd need to have it super super super quick and easy to make. Like in 15 minutes. So I thought about making it ahead of time and then freezing it and thawing it out or nuking it.

Has anyone made anything like this? Do you have any suggestions for me to get this out in the morning....

I want something other than Special K cereal....I need to mix it up.

Replies

• judgejava
    Options
    that shouldnt take more than about 5 minutes to make.

In the mornings after my run i have a bowl of porridge oats followed by pretty much what you said.

3 eggs beaten
    10g of cheese
    50g tomato
    50g onion
    25g bell pepper
    2 strips of turkey bacon

I mix it all up in a bowl and stick it in microwave, 2 to 4 minutes later it is ready, i take it out every 30 seconds to break up the forming egg.

Obviously you could stick it all in a frying pan dry dry or with a low cal spray of olive oil.

I dont always have this mix, i often only have the eggs/cheese/tomato mix though with some black pepper, lovely with extra mature cheese (never more than 10g though)

Cheers
  • HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    that shouldnt take more than about 5 minutes to make.

In the mornings after my run i have a bowl of porridge oats followed by pretty much what you said.

3 eggs beaten
    10g of cheese
    50g tomato
    50g onion
    25g bell pepper
    2 strips of turkey bacon

I mix it all up in a bowl and stick it in microwave, 2 to 4 minutes later it is ready, i take it out every 30 seconds to break up the forming egg.

Obviously you could stick it all in a frying pan dry dry or with a low cal spray of olive oil.

I dont always have this mix, i often only have the eggs/cheese/tomato mix though with some black pepper, lovely with extra mature cheese (never more than 10g though)

Cheers
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You could make it the night before and nuke it in the morning to warm it up - it would take less than a minute!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i like to get 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of spinach lettuce, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, and a roma tomato cut up..cook it all together and eat..i like to toss mine into a whole grain bagel..MmMm..
  • HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good. I like to use my cast iron- if its well seasoned you need not add any oils or fat. just scramble it up.
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Okay, it's crazy that you posted this! I Made a Microwave Scramble this morning! i Had eggs, veggies, and cheese. You make it the night before and put it in a ziplock, then you can put it on 50% heat for 3-4 minutes, checking once or twice to stir....
    SO EASY! It was so yummy, too!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I bake eggs both whole and scrambled in cup cake tin and freeze them. 350 for about 25-30 minutes. You can cook in, or add anything you like after you back. Get some small glass or plastic tubs. I have one a day, but you can have two. Then sometimes I put it in a whole wheat bagel.

I use all sorts of things. Bacon and cheese, spinach and broccoli, salsa and sour cream, turkey sausage or salmon, bacon and onions, tomatoes and chicken breast. I alternate with cereal and fruit a couple of days a week so I don't get bored.
  • soniathekitty
    soniathekitty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do microwave frittatas, same idea. I started doing them when I was doing South Beach dieting, and it's stuck with me far beyond that. They're easy, super fast, and super delicious. Easy enough to change up to suit my mood too. For my base I use:

1 egg
    1/4 c. egg substitute (Better N Eggs/etc.) or egg white
    1 tbsp. FF milk

Then I put right on top whatever I want that morning. Spinach, sliced mushrooms, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, black beans, jalapenos, salsa, whatever I've got or have a hankerin' for, I use. I always put my cheese on after I've nuked it first for about 2 minutes or til done. Cheese on top, and cover the container to bring into work. Takes me all of about five minutes from start to finish. :-)
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Yep! I make breakfast bowls almost every morning and it only takes around 5 minutes!... I don't gut in onions and peppers, because I like my onions cooked until they are almost caramelized which takes a while... but you could cook up your veggies beforehand and just stir them in...

I use 2 strips of turkey bacon, microwaved for 2 minutes, 2/3 cup of egg beaters original liquid eggs, "no salt" and black pepper, microwave on high for about 90 seconds, stir and break up the egg... and another 30-60 seconds depending on how powerful your microwave is... If you are wanting to put in Peppers and onions, while you are cooking the egg would be a good time so they get mixed in completely... break up the eggs again, crumble the turkey bacon on top... smash a wedge of laughing cow light swiss cheese and spread it on top. nuke the whole thing for about 30 seconds, and top with either spicy brown mustard or salsa. As prepared with the mustard, it is only 184 calories for the whole serving, 8g fat, 65mg cholesterol and 22g protein... so around 200 calories with the veggies!
  • myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I make an omelet every morning that is very similar to this except without the bacon. Once a week I chop up a bell pepper and onion, and store them in the fridge, then in the mornings, I can just throw them in the skillet while I'm mixing up my 2 eggs, and about a tbsp of milk. A little bit of cheese,and thats it. Takes about 10 min, if that.
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love putting Kale, Carrots, and tomatoes in my eggs... You can put just about anything. Mushrooms, & onion are also good ones!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of chopping up the ingredients before hand and keeping them in the fridge/freezer, does anyone know if bacon or turkey bacon, once cooked, keeps very well? Any experiences with that? the rest of the ingredients I think would be ok.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I throw two eggs, 3 mushrooms, half a green onion and half a bell pepper in a bowl, put a slice of soy cheese on top and microwave it...sometimes if I'm feeling fancy I'll throw it in a pesto and garlic wrap. Takes 2 minutes~
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of chopping up the ingredients before hand and keeping them in the fridge/freezer, does anyone know if bacon or turkey bacon, once cooked, keeps very well? Any experiences with that? the rest of the ingredients I think would be ok.

i pre-cook and freeze bacon all the time...thawing it causes the bacon to be a little chewier but it still tastes good
  • SinOrSlim
    Options
    YES YOU NEED TO TRY THESE LOW CARB EGG AND BACON BREAKFAST CUPS!!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGGGGGGGG!!!!

THE RECIPE CAN BE FOUND AT www.sinorslim.com WITH TONS OF OTHERS!!!

IMG_2047.jpg