Words of Wisdom Appreciated!!!!

Options
Hi everyone!!!! I am new to the site for the most part. My best friend and I toyed around with this site almost a year ago and didn't really ever commit to it. Now, however, we are ready and committed!!!! We both started dieting seriously back in October. I have lost 19 pounds and she has lost 23! We both want to lose around 12 more so any advice that you have for us is greatly appreciated!!!!!! We are interested in getting some new recipes as well!!!

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My advice is dont leave!!! Stay and log everything you put in your mouth it makes you accountable and add some buddies then they can spur you on and inspire you. Good luck both of you.
    Feel free to add me if you like I havent been doing a bad job on here so far x
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Here's a great resource by fellow MFPeeps:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/457-unofficial-mfp-faq
  • cschwall
    cschwall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started this journey in October as well! I have lost 41 lbs. First of all, I don't call this a diet. I call it my lifestyle change. I eat what I want, I don't deny myself anything but I am reasonable with my choices. I have to make good choices meal by meal and I don't lie to the tracker. If I go over my alloted calories, I forgive myself and get back on track the next day. Good luck with you weight loss!
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    RECIPE:

Honey Jalapeno Chicken Wraps

(serves 2)

2 4oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 tsp. coconut oil
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    2 tbsp. honey
    2 tbsp. dijon mustard
    2 tbsp. finely minced jalapeno

4 5"-6" whole wheat tortillas
    4 tsp. grated low fat cheese

1. cut chicken breasts lengthwise into strips
    2. place coconut oil in skillet over medium heat; add chicken and sprinkle with garlic powder. thoroughly cook chicken, remove from skillet, and set aside.
    3. combine honey, mustard, and jalapeno in small bowl.
    4. heat fresh skillet over medium heat and place tortilla in pan.
    5. heat tortilla for approximately 30 seconds, flip, and add 1/4 of chicken and 1 tsp of cheese.
    6. when cheese is melted remove from pan, roll up, and serve with dipping sauce on the side.
    7. repeat for remaining 3 tortillas.

Values Per 1 Serving (2 tortillas):
    calories 332
    fat 7g
    saturated fat 3g
    carb 47 g
    protein 30g
    fiber 3g
    sodium 625mg
    cholesterol 63mg
  • shebash
    Options
    Wow! So proud of you!!!!! I was doing a very restricted diet where you had to have 2 meal replacement shakes a day and one low calorie meal. I also had to have at least one cleanse day a week. I realized that realistically I could not do that forever. I wanted a realistic life style change. What types of foods do you eat for the most part? What is your typical day like?
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    Congrats on your success. Once you reach your weight goal, plan how you are going to maintain your weight healthy lifestyle, plan your celebration. Share your success with others!!
  • shebash
    Options
    Thanks for the information!!!!! I really appreciate it! I wish you lots of luck in reaching your health and weight loss goals!