How quickly are you losing your holiday weight?

Options
I gained a whopping 7 pounds while in Alabama and New Orleans. My inlaws house is set up for disaster. They have cookies, cakes, and pies at every turn. I don't have them at my house for a REASON. I can't resist them. They can't either...and are very sick from obesity. I wish I could say I was stronger...but I failed for those two weeks. New Orleans was just a calorie fest.

I was wondering how many of you are starting to lose your gains? I'm back to clean eating and teaching my classes (feels SO GOOD!)I dont know if this is going to take months to get over.:explode:

Replies

• kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am SLOWLY losing it. S L O W L Y. I am determined, but still ticks me off.....lol
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 and am down 1.. hoping for another by the end of the week when I weigh in :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Between lots of missed logging for holiday parties, Christmas, my husband's birthday, some company at the house, and New Year's, I was up 2 pounds on Monday. I expect in a few weeks I will be back to where I was pre-holidays. I was 2 pounds from goal, now I am 4 pounds away. *sigh*
  • aims78
    aims78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am afraid to look at the scale so I don't know yet, LOL! I get weighed in today for the Biggest Loser so it ought to be interesting! :tongue:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Since New Year's, I'm down 2.5 after gaining 7. I'm sure I'll be fine in another week or so.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself twice a month. I can officially say...I did not gain over the holidays.

Now it's time to make progress.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience. We stayed with family for 2 weeks and there were so many things that I wouldn't normally have in my house. We ate out a lot too. I wasn't able to log or exercise as much as I planned. I was up 5-6lbs but I seem to be back down again to what I was before we left home (according to my old scale). I got a new scale for Christmas and it reads 3lbs higher than my old scale. Today is the 5th day we've been back home and I've been drinking a ton of water, very good about calorie intake, and exercising like I used to before vacation.
  • megababe4
    Options
    Not at all yet. I hope it comes off soon
  • Same thing happend to me while visiting my family in Maryland. Two weeks and ten pounds. Seriously?

No excuses just moving forward. It's hard squeezing in my pants this week but yesterday after I worked out and ate clean my body felt so much better.

One day at a time :)
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    As of Monday morning I was up five pounds. I weighed this morning and am already down 2.5! Drink lots and lots of water and watch your carbs.
  • HAPage24
    HAPage24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Not at all yet. I hope it comes off soon

same here... so frustrating
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I gained 15 yes 15 pounds!!! Damn it!! I'm down 5 now so hopefully after next week I'll be back on track.
  • chantelle149
    chantelle149 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I gain 8 pounds I am working my butt of running and eating healthy. It seems to be staying but I am determined it's going to come off if it kills me.
  • mcguvs
    mcguvs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I only gained about 2 lbs.
    Long gone but still stuck at 179 trying to get to a lean 175 ...sigh
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    On Halloween, I weighed 202. When I weighed after Christmas, I was up to 211. Woah! Two days later I was down to 206. So, some of that was bloat. I drank a ton of water for two days. I haven't weighed since the 206, but I'm guessing those added 4 lbs will take a little time.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You do all realise that most of it's just water retention don't you? I'd put on a full STONE. (14pounds) Weighed myself this morning and I was 5 down from yesterday (due to drinking enough water I guess?) Always weigh at the same time of day, naked in the morning so it's not down to that. Guarentee I'll be back to the full stone off by sunday.

Mate at work tried to work out how many calories I'd have to eat to put on 14lb in 2 weeks I'm sure he said it would be 20000 calories a day!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    For me, it all started in early December with my sister coming to visit from Oregon for a week. Then parties all month long which means lots of drinks and junk food. I finished up with New Year's weekend in a gambling town in Nevada which means buffets and free drinks. At one point, I stepped on the scale and I'd gained seven pounds. I tried to be good on the non-party days and by the time I got home this Monday, I was down to a 3.5 pound gain. I had fully expected to be back to that seven pounds but all of the walking we did must have had some effect.

I've since lost another .5 pound of that. I'm hoping that by getting back on track I can lose the rest of it within a week or two. Weight that goes on quickly will usually come off quickly if you don't let your body get used to it. :laugh:
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I was 190 before Christmas, I am back to 190 as of yesterday. ( i had been loosing 2 pounds a week). I started the 30 shred mid December, and only missed 2 days at Christmas. So I still lost and inch.

My energy level is still really low. Before the holidays I was up and 5 or 6 am, and exercising. Now I'm sleeping in, waking up very tired, and struggling to get motivated.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    After christmas, it looked like I had gained 7 lbs, but I have lost it all now. I think a LOT of mine was sodium and water retention. I didnt drink my water like I should have. I managed to only have 2 cookies and one piece of pecan pie, and considering how much baking I did..... that was pretty darn good! Just keep it up, it will come off. Make sure you get enough water in case some of it is just retention.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat sounds like. Scale showed a 7 pound gain, however I know it wasn't all WEIGHT. I didn't get all my water over that time either. So back to eating right, logging all food and drinking my water and as of this morning I am only 2 pounds from where I was BEFORE Chrsitmas. So I know its NOT goona take me long to get rid of that PLUS more. I will be extremely happy if I get on the scale on Friday, which is my official weigh in day, and be at the same weight I was before Christmas. If I am not then next week I am sure I will! Good luck to everyone!

New year, new week, new day... NEW YOU!